Chapter 12

"So.. is Chrissy short for anything?" Jack asks. "Not that I'm aware of." I tell him. Jack taps his staff against my foot, causing me to giggle. "Don't do that." I say, pushing him lightly.

Jack and I are sitting in the globe room, talking about random things. "Hey, when was the last time you visited Jamie?" I ask him. He sighs. "When I went with you." He tells me.

"You should go visit him." I tell him. "But what about you?" he asks. "I'll have the rest of the guardians and Cupid here." I assure him. "But-" I cut him off. "Jack, Jamie probably misses you. Go." I tell him.

He smiles a little and flies off. I stand up and go looking around for anyone else. I run into Phil, one of North's yeti's. "Do you know where anyone is?" I ask. He shakes his head and walks away.

I walk towards North's office, only to hear yelling. I listen closely, only to find out it's North and Bunny. I walk away, searching for Tooth. Once I reach her room, I remember she told me she had to go back to her palace. That leaves Cupid.

I walk a few doors down to his room and knock. I hear something fall over and Cupid mumble something. He opens the door and I realize he's not wearing a shirt. My cheeks burn and I look away.

"H-hey Cupid." I greet. "Did you need something?" he asks, confusion clear on his face. "I wanted to see if you wanted to hang out." I tell him, still not looking at him.

"What do you want to do?" He asks. I shrug. "Watch movies?" I suggest. "Chrissy.." he starts. I glance at him before quickly looking away. "Yeah?" I say. "Look at me." he tells me.

I look up at him, confusion on his face. "You're blushing." he states. "What? No I'm not." I lie. "I can see your face, Chrissy. You're blushing." he tells me. "Fine, I am. So what?" I say. He shrugs and let's me in his room.

"Pick something." I tell him, laying on his bed. He just stares at me. "You're bossy." he says. "Please?" I add. He sighs and looks through a stack of movies. I grab the pillow from the other side of the bed and lay my head on it.

Cupid comes over to the bed after starting the movie. "That's my pillow." he teases, sitting next to me. "Mine now." I mutter, watching the screen. He takes the pillow from me and lays on it. "Cupid!" I whine.

He chuckles. "It is mine." he points out. I sigh and watch the movie. He decided to put in The Good Dinosaur.
🌑❄️🌑❄️🌑❄️

"Spot!" I shout, watching the animated boy trying to escape a running river. Cupid chuckles and pulls me into him. "It's just a movie." he tells me. "You're just a movie." I mutter.

The pterodactyls take Spot and I gasp. "How is he going to help Arlo get home?" I ask, hugging Cupid's arm. "Just watch." Cupid tells me.
🌑❄️🌑❄️🌑❄️

The movie finishes and I look up at Cupid. "You had to play that one, huh?" I ask, wiping my face. "It's a good movie." Cupid says, looking down at me. His eyes widen and he sits up. "Are you crying?" he asks.

I start to shake my head, then nod. "What's wrong? It's just a movie." he asks. "I know.. It's just.. How Spot thought all his family was dead then found out they weren't.. It's like Jack and I. I thought I was alone." I tell him. Cupid pulls me into a tight hug.

"You're not alone, Chrissy." Cupid promises. "Yes you are." the voice inside my head says. "Remember, when you got lost? Cupid didn't care about you. He even ignored you."

I pull away from Cupid, leaving him to have a confused/hurt look on his face. "And when you were thrown against the wall he stood back and didn't help. What kind of friend does that?" the voice points out.

"You don't care." I mutter. "What? Chrissy, what are you talking about?" Cupid asks. "You don't care." I repeat, louder. "Of course I do." he says. "They why did you ignore me? Why didn't you help when I was thrown into the wall?" I ask angrily. He stays silent.

"Maybe I didn't want to remember you." I say, getting up and storming out of the room. No wonder I didn't remember Cupid like I did the others, my brain knows better than I do.

"He's not even coming after you. Some friend." the voice says. I scoff. "Shut up you." I snap. I keep walking until I end up in the globe room.

"Chrissy!" I hear Cupid shout. I ignore it and get ready to find somewhere else to hide. A warm hand wraps around my wrist and I freeze. "Wait." Cupid begs. I nod, not facing him.

"I ignored you because it hurt, you thinking I didn't care. And I didn't help when you got hurt because North wouldn't let me." Cupid explains. "The Cupid I know wouldn't have listened." I mutter.

"Maybe he would if he was told he would have to leave if he did anything." Cupid snaps. My eyes widen. "You would've had to leave?" I ask quietly. Cupid nods. "Maybe you should've."

Cupid stares at me in shock. That wasn't me. I mean, it was, but it wasn't. Someone else said that through me.

"What?" Cupid asks. "Maybe you should have left. It would've made everything better." Not-me says. "I thought.. I thought you wanted me here." Cupid mumbles. "You thought wrong." Not-me snaps.

A bright light shines through the sun roof and I wince. "Leave her alone.." Manny says. Something inside me shrinks down and I groan in pain. As soon as Manny's light leaves, the feeling is back .

"I thought we were friends." Cupid says, confusion on his face. "Me? Friends with you? You wish!" Not-me tells him. It's like I'm a movie; I can't control what's being said or done.

Cupid reaches out towards me but not-me shoots him back with ice. His eyes widen and he looks up at me. "You're not Chrissy." Cupid says darkly. I put my head in my hands from a sudden rush of dizziness from using my powers without my staff.

"Chrissy! Snap out of it!" Cupid shouts, shaking my shoulders. "I am Chrissy you dunderhead!" Not-me snaps. Black dots cloud my vision and I start feeling numb. Something soft is pressed against my lips and that's when I blackout.