Chapter 11

It's been two weeks since I woke up and I'm remembering more everyday.

I sit in the globe room messing around with a small toy car I 'borrowed' from the workshop. I think about everything everyone has told me; Manny talks to me, Jack and I are twins, I have a staff - they won't let me have it until I remember how to use my powers.

So far I've remembered everyone but Cupid. I remembered Tooth when she was looking at Jack's teeth - she did it to me once before; I remembered North when he started to scowled Jack and Bunny; and I remembered Sandy when he gave me a dream of Jack and I.

I just can't seem to remember Cupid. Tooth thinks it's because I don't want to - which made Cupid storm off - but I think it's because all the things I remembered of everyone had Jack in them. And let's just say...Cupid and Jack aren't the best of friends.

Everyone keeps trying to jog my memories but it just gives me a headache. They keep telling me I don't want to remember him. Cupid hasn't been talking to me as much and when I ask him why he just says he's giving me space.

I've tried everything to remember him. I've tried asking Sandy for a dream with him in it and that didn't work; I've tried hanging out with him and that doesn't work, I've tried hugging him and that doesn't work - though I do like his hugs.

I push the car towards the table and sigh. A tingling feeling comes to me and a memories comes flooding back. I remember what Tooth told me - just let it happen. I close my eyes.

I run around in the rain with Cupid. "I'm going to get you." he says, laughing. I laugh and shake my head. "Never!" I shout. I run through a puddle causing water to splash my legs. Cupid catches up to me and grabs me by the waist, causing me to squeal. "Cupid, stop, that tickles!" I tell him.

He smirks and starts poking my sides. "What? No! Stop!" I plead, laughing. He keeps tickling me and I end up getting turned around, facing him.

He stops and stares at me. I laugh, ruffling his hair. "You're crazy, Cupid." I tell him. He chuckles. "That's the first time you've called me that." he says. I tilt my head. "Maybe I'll only use it for special occasions." I tell him.

"What would be an example?" he asks. "What if one day I forget you and this is the only thing I remember?" I suggest. "I doubt that will happen, but deal." he says.

I open my eyes and look around. No one is here so I get up, in search of Cupid, or someone who knows where he is. I walk into the workshop and spot North. "North!" I say, running up to him.

"What is it, Chrissy?" he asks. "Have you seen Cupid?" I ask. "I'm not sure he's in the mood Chrissy. He's been down lately." North says. "Please North, I need to talk to him." I plead. North sighs. "Maybe later, give him time." he tells me. "Fine, I'll find him myself." I say, walking off.

I go down a hallway and stop Tooth, who was talking to her fairies. "Have you see Cupid?" I ask. "He's not in the mood to hang out Chrissy. Maybe tomorrow." she says, going back to talking to her baby fairies.

I sigh and keep looking. Why won't anyone tell me where he is? Why are they treating me like a kid? I walk into the kitchen and find the one person who'll tell me anything. "Jack!" I greet, walking over.

He looks up from his staff and smiles. "Hey Chrissy, need something?" he asks. "Yeah. Have you soon Cupid?" I ask. "I think he's in his room." Jack tells me. "Thanks." I say.

I run out of the kitchen towards where the rooms are. I stop in front of his door and take a deep breath before knocking. I hear shuffling behind the door before it's opened.

"Oh... hey Chrissy. I'm not in the mood to hang out, maybe later." He says, looking down at me. "I'm not here to hang out." I tell him. "Then can it wait?" he asks. "No, it's important." I say.

"Then what is it?" he asks, sighing. "I remember you." I tell him. He looks at me in nearly a glare. "If this is your attempt to make me feel better it's not working." he says angrily.

"Why would I want to do that?" I ask. "I don't know, because you remember everyone else but me." he says, gripping the door tightly. He turns around, and starts to shut the door. "You're crazy, Cupid." I tell him.

Cupid freezes, halfway to having the door shut. "What did you say?" he asks quietly. "I said, 'you're crazy, Cupid.'" I tell him, grinning. He opens the door all the way and engulfs me in a hug.

"Finally." he whispers. I hug him back. "I thought you'd never remember me." he tells me. "I could never forget my best friend. It took a while, but I remembered." I tell him.

"You have no idea how it felt being the only one you didn't remember." Cupid says quietly. I bury my head in his chest and sigh. "I wanted to remember you, I tried everything." I tell him. "How did you finally remember?" He asks, pulling away from me.

I just want to pull him back into me and never let him go, but since that would be weird, I just sigh and put my hands in my pockets. "I was playing with a toy car in the globe room." I tell him. "How did that help you remember?" he asks.

I shrug. "It doesn't matter. You remember now and that's what counts." he says, grinning. I smile back and he pulls me into another hug. "I missed you, Chrissy." he tells me.