Chapter 7

"You're kidding me!" I shout. Cupid groans and turns around, again. "Do you even know where you're going?" I ask. "You're no help either." Cupid mumbles.

"I told you north." I retort. "And what way is that?" he asks, annoyed. "Most likely the way the snow is falling." I tell him. He sighs and flies the way I told him.

"I can't wait till we're at the pole." Cupid mumbles, shoving his free hand in his pocket. I let my grip on his arm loosen and look down.

"I think we're almost there." Cupid says, breaking the silence. "How can you tell?" I ask. "Besides the fact that I can see the Pole?" he asks. I roll my eyes.

"You don't have to be sassy." I mutter. "You didn't have to run away." he retorts. He lands in front of the doors to the Pole and let's go of me.

"Well sorry for not wanting to be around people who don't care!" I shout. "You're kidding! Everyone went looking for you Chrissy! I went on the freaking frozen tundra looking for you!" Cupid shouts, walking inside.

"You didn't have to, I never asked you to." I point out. "It's what friends do, Chrissy! Friends care about each other!" Cupid yells, slamming his fist on a work desk. "You didn't seem to care when everyone was talking about me behind my back." I snap.

"Can't you get it through your head! This isn't all about you. The children of the world need protected and you only care that we were talking about you? Maybe we were discussing on how to get your staff back, or how to train you! But you can't see that!" Cupid shouts.

I've never seen Cupid angry, I thought he was supposed to be the spirit of love. "No, Cupid. I can't see that, and I'm sorry. I'm sorry I've never had anyone to care for, that the only person that's cared for me is Manny. But what I'm mostly sorry about, is being your friend." I say angrily.

I push past him and walk into the globe room. "No sign of her." Tooth says sadly. Good, they didn't hear the fight. "I'm back." I say, trying to calm down.

"Chrissy!" Jack exclaims, jumping off the globe. The other guardians turn around and run over to me. "Where were you?" Tooth asks. "Oh, just out in the snow." I tell her.

Cupid walks in and completely ignore me. Fine with me, two can play that game. "I told you he didn't care." the voice from earlier says.

"Be quiet." I say. "Excuse me?" Bunny says. "Not you, you're fine." I mutter. "Cupid doesn't care about you... look at him, he's completely ignoring you." the voice says.

I shake my head, trying to ignore it. "Even the spirit of love doesn't care about you. How pathetic. Isn't he supposed to care about everyone? Guess you're the exception." the voice sneers.

"Shut up!" I shout. The voice disappears and all the guardians look at me. "This-this voice. It's in my head." I tell them. "What do they sound like? A man?" North asks angrily.

"No, a girl. Like i-it's me who's talking." I say, holding my hand to my head. "That's your conscience." Bunny says. "Your conscience doesn't talk bad about you." I snap.

"Chrissy, calm down." North says. "Look, Cupid isn't even worried." the voice whispers. I groan and smack the side of my head, causing me to stumble.

"Just give her some space." Tooth says. "Yeah, can I be alone for a bit?" I ask the Guardians. They nod and walk out, followed by Cupid.

I sit on the railing and hold my head. "Those Guardians don't care." The voice tells me. "Stop it." I snap. "Stop what? Saying the truth?" the voice asks.

"What do you want with me?" I ask. "I told you, I want revenge on Cupid." The voice says. "What do you have against Cupid?!" I shout. "That's between me and him." the voice says.

"I care about him, even if he doesn't care about me. If you so much as touch him you'll regret it." I snap. "Oh, I won't be doing anything. You will." the voice says.

"What?!" I shout. I get no answer. "Come back here and tell me what you meant!" I say angrily. Still nothing. This is going to be harder then I thought.
🌑❄️🌑❄️🌑❄️

It's been two hours since I arrived back at the Pole. The voice is silent, Cupid won't talk to me, and Jack keeps asking about random stuff.

"Why did you never go to Burgess before?" Jack asked when I went to find North. "Why does Manny talk to you and no one else?" He asked a minute later. "Why did I not want to remember you?"

Right now I'm in the Globe Room trying to figure this voice out. They have something against Cupid, but they won't tell me what. And I can't ask Cupid himself because he's avoiding me.

I groan and put my head in my hands. "Why can't I figure this out?" I groan. I lift my head up from the table and see frost spreading. "Jack?" I ask, turning around.

No ones behind me. But I can't use my powers without my staff...can I? The frost spreads slowly across the table. I run my hand over it and feel the wood underneath.

I know for a fact that this isn't my frost. Mine forms patterns and shapes, this is almost completely glass like. Mine also moves faster.

As the frost reaches the middle of the table, a shape starts to form. Slowly, a heart appears in the frost. I place my hand on the heart and it cracks, straight down the center.

"North!" I shout, stepping away from the table. Within seconds North and Bunny run into the room. "Chrissy, what happened?" North asks as he spots the table.

"I don't know. This is not my frost." I tell him. By now, the frost has completely covered the table. "But it couldn't be Jack, he's with Tooth and Cupid in the training room." Bunny says.

Wind blows in from the open sun roof causing papers to blow around. "What the-?" I get cut off when I slam against the wall. "You thought you heard the last of me?" the voice in my head says.

I groan and slide to the floor. "With Cupid angry at you, this will be easy." they say. "Chrissy!" someone shouts, it sounds far away. "And look, he's just standing there now." the voice tells me.

I force my eyes open, only to see the guardians huddled over me and Cupid a few feet away. "This will be easier than I thought." And with that, the voice disappeared and everything goes dark.