Chapter 13

Her sleek black hair, her bright green eyes. I know her from somewhere. I fight against the chains, trying to get to Cupid .

"Silly girl. You should have joined me, then you wouldn't be in this mess." Mystery lady tells me. "I would never join you!" I shout. "Let her go!" Cupid shouts.

"No! It's time I get my revenge!" Mystery lady snaps. "Then take me instead! It's me you want, not her!" Cupid begs. ML smirks. "As you wish." she says. With a flick of her wrist, the chains are gone from my wrists.

I drop to my knees. "Cupid, don't do this!" I shout. I raise my head, only to see ML pull out a sharp blade. "Cupid!" I scream. ML drives the blade into Cupid's chest and he falls to the ground. "No!" I shout.
🌑❄️🌑❄️🌑❄️

I shoot straight up, wide eyed, panting. "Cupid?!" I shout worriedly. Someone grabs my hand and my head snaps to the side, half expecting the mystery lady to be there.

Instead my eyes lock with bright green ones and I instantly engulf him in a hug. "It's ok Chrissy." Cupid tells me, hugging me back. "I thought you died." I mumble. "It was just a nightmare." Cupid assures me.

He pushes me back by the shoulders and rubs his thumb on my cheeks. I didn't even realize I was crying. "Chrissy look at me." Cupid says. I look up from my lap and at his green eyes.

"See? I'm fine. I'm right here, no where else." Cupid tells me. I sigh and nod. "Before I blacked out..that's wasn't me saying those things." I tell him, looking away from his bright green eyes.

"I know. You can't use your powers without your staff." Cupid assures me. "I used my powers?" I ask, confused. "You don't remember?" he asks. I shake my head. "I remember saying - well not me saying but still - that you should've left and that's it." I tell him.

"So you don't remember..right before you blacked out?" he asks, slowly. I shake my head. "No..is it important?" I ask, worried that it was. "I guess not." Cupid sighs.

I grab his wrists and pull his hands away from his face. "Hey, you don't need to worry. We're best friends, some over-taker person isn't going to end that." I assure him. "I hope so." he mutters. I give him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks for being there for me." I tell him. I jump off the bed and walk out of the room, pushing the fear of his reaction out of my mind. So what if he might have found it awkward, I don't care. Right?
🌑❄️🌑❄️🌑❄️

"Bunny! Stop cheating!" I whine. Bunny chuckles and moves his metal car towards Boardwalk, smirking proudly at the hotels marking it. "I'm not cheating, mate." Bunny tells me.

I roll the die and get a two, landing me on Reading Railroad. Groaning, I hand Bunny the money. "Go to the globe room.." Manny says. "Why?" I mutter. "It's a surprise.." he tells me.

"Bunny, Manny says there's a surprise for me in the globe room." I say. Bunny looks at the large clock on the wall and smirks. "I guess there is." he says. Bunny and I leave the cursed game and head to the globe room.

"What is it? Can you give me hints?" I ask, tugging on Bunny's arm. "You'll find out." Is all he says. I push open the large oak doors to find Cupid and the other Guardians standing there 'not' looking suspicious.

"Sandy!" I squeal, running over to hug the floating man. He's been away for the past few days. Sandy hugs me back, patting my head. I pull away and grin at everyone.

Their eyes keep shifting between me and Cupid. "What?" I ask. "We'll just, uh, leave you two alone." Jack says awkwardly, leading the guardians away.

"That wasn't awkward at all." I say sarcastically. "Uh, yeah." Cupid says, clearing his throat. "Oh don't you go awkward on me too." I complain, hitting his chest. He grins down at me, chuckling.

"I have a surprise for you." Cupid tells me. "I know." I admit, pointing to the moon. Cupid walks over to one of North's work tables, after telling me to close my eyes.

"Ok, ready?" Cupid asks. I nod excitedly. "Open them." he says. I open my eyes and gasp. "My staff!" I exclaim. I grab the staff from him. "This is the best surprise ever!" I shout.

Unknowingly, I kiss him. I shoot myself into the air, laughing and shooting frost. "Chrissy." I hear Cupid say. I wave to him and do a flip. "Chrissy." Cupid says a little louder. I stop and land in front of him.

"What?" I ask, grinning at him. "Why did you kiss me?" he asks. My eyes go wide and I turn around, running out of the hall. I hear Cupid shouting my name but I ignore him.

I can not believe I kissed him! Why do you have to be so stupid Chrissy?!
🌑❄️🌑❄️🌑❄️

After locking the door to my room, I escape through the window. This time, though, I left a note. I reads: Went for a fly. Be back soon. ~C

I shoot myself off the window ledge and out into the cool afternoon sky. The wind feels good on my face. I fly until I can't see the Pole plus some to be safe.

I land behind a snow pile and sigh. "You kissed him.." Manny says. "I know." I groan. "You like him.." Manny teases. "I do." I admit. "So why did you run away?" he asks "I don't know!" I shout.

"Chrissy.." Manny says calmly. "Ok, I'm scared, alright? I'm scared he's going to hate me now and that I just ruined the best and only friendship I had. I'm scared he's going to want to leave me and never see me again." I tell him.

"Chrissy.." I ignore him and continue. "What will he say when I get back? What will the guardians say? Oh god, what will Jack say?" I question aloud. A million things run through my head at once.

"Chrissy!" Manny says, sounding like he's shouting. "What?" I ask. "Turn around." he tells me. I turn around, my face draining of color - if that's even possible - at the sight before me. "Cupid." I say nervously, not making eye contact with the wide eyed boy.