CHAPTER 8

Narrator :

From That day to the days that followed, everyone had noticed how much of an empty shell the beautiful petite princess had become, she was never a big girl for starters cause one couldn't call her tall or perky,  she was an extremely beautiful woman and that was for sure, she was average in height and had the stature of a teenager.

Slowly she had began to deteriorate into nothing while her family watched in agony as they were slowly losing their child.

Those in the kingdom who could see the situation of the Princes and the princess spent most of their times praying for a miracle to happen that would somehow save the the Royal heirs and heiress.

The Princes on the other hand now jumped from one bed to another basically every night and as a result those who lived within the castle would here the weak princess screaming in so much pain the people cried on her behalf.

Gradually they were killing their mate and for some reason they thought she was just doing it to get attention and pity from the people, if only they knew.

Xenia who could not even stand on her feet for the past six days had been laying in bed, weak, exhausted, fragile and happily waiting for death till her beast began to stir,  it wasn't good because whilst Xenia was a weak human, she would have been glad to say the opposite about her Lycan but she couldn't, they were weak alike and when her Lycan would come to the surface it always took a lot of time for Xenia to regain consciousness.

In their current state, if a shift were to happen she didn't know how long they could last conscious or at least alive.

    "Please let me out for a moment Xenia"
Her beautiful Lycan Aria had pleaded and in that moment Xenia had no option but to surrender, Aria rarely ever spoke to her because a mental conversation needed a lot of energy and they both couldn't waste the little they had.

Slowly Xenia had looked at her clock to see that dawn would break in roughly three hours so that meant that they had to just stroll in the castle grounds so as to be close to everyone else.
The pack liked to run or generally gather together quite early in the morning.

Finally Xenia arrived in the fields before handing control over to Aria who mumbled a thanks before shifting into their beautiful white Lycan who even though she was weak, she was still the prettiest.

Slowly they had began to stroll until Aria came to an abrupt stop because the familiar pain that came whenever they were with another woman was now making itself known causing Xenia to wonder why they were so insatiable or were they doing it just to punish her?

Slowly the pain had began to intensify making it impossible to hold back the sorrowful howls that escaped Aria's mouth.

The pain was terrible and all Aria wanted to do was jumb into some cold stream to lessen the heat and ache that refused to reduce, she just needed some relieve.

The thing about life was that it never made anything easier, at the same time it never just let's you have what you need  mostly because while Aria had been running with all that speed and force, she hadn't realized the moment she stepped feet into the dark forest.

Many assumed that the dark forest belonged to the wondering spirits of the damned while others thought it was a place where darkness dwelled.  It was told that whoever stepped feet in there never remained the same.

Sadly for them, by the time they made this discovery Aria was already too weak to continue so she had handed over Control to Xenia who now began to crawl out of that eery place.

It's not that Xenia didn't hear the owls, the bat's, the scary and creepy things that kept roaming the forest, she heard it all but her only prayer was to at least leave the forest alive and conscious.
Although she was wishing herself death this wasn't how she wanted it to happen, maybe a little less gruesome and sorrowfully would suffice.

Soon enough, a barely awake Xenia found herself with a fuzzy mind, a blurry vision and an empty mind at the edge of the forest, something had happened within the short period of time she had spent there and just this once Xenia wished for a quicker end to everything.

Slowly she had surrendered to the darkness that made her oblivious to the moment morning came, or the search party that had began searching everywhere for her, or the moment her aunt had arrived and carried her out of that place and into the sanctuary where everyone began to mourn as though she was finally dead.

From that morning, the sanctuary was always stocked with different designs of flowers from the people who never stopped rendering their unending prayers for the princess, everyone awaited the moment she would wake up because she was far too kind to leave this world just like that.

On the other hand, her mates had returned to the castle only to be ignored by their family, everyone acted as though they were invincible and when they finally had enough of it they went by themselves to the sanctuary only to notice the abundance of flowers, the get well cards, the candles that littered the place like a memorial had been done, the gifts and what not.

Slowly they had entered the ward only to find their mate half dead, the only signal that she was there was their ability to sense her spirit still within and the lines that hadn't gone flat in the machine, she was barely even breathing, looking around they saw all sorts of machines hooked on her and in that moment they realized that they had definitely done their worse this time.

There was no way they could ever find redeemtion after what they had done and forgiveness now seemed like a far away wish.

   "What have we done?"
They chorused simultaneously before allowing the dam of endless tears to fall.

Selfishly, ignorantly and worse of all carelessly they had placed their own mate in a condition where life was no longer promised and now the billion dollar question was : Of what use would their lives be if they were the reason she never came back to life?

Life indeed was incalculable and complicated.

Did it have to get to this point for everyone to see things the way they were?

*******************************
In the chapter I'm going to be explaining quite a lot of things cause I know a lot of people are wondering "why the fuck didn't she just reject them?"

You are about to find out but if you haven't read the second book in this trilogy then you should know that you might not understand the next chapter completely but I'll try to write it in a way you can figure a thing or two out.

I love y'all big guys and girls. ❤️😍✌️✌️✌️