CHAPTER 10

Xenia

The thing about trying to end everything is always that everyone seems to become better all of a sudden, the people around you tend to improve their relationship with you and then you have no option than to start  seeing things from a different perspective.

Having roamed the lands, searched house to house, soul to soul, building to building yet she hadn't found the one to replace her as oracle yet was becoming a bother but then again she'd hoped that something would happen.

Having woken up from her soul search and realizing that she was finally alone had given her enough time to consider and reconsider her decision but in the end she knew it was the best thing to do for the sake of everyone.

Rejecting them was definitely going to kill her but it was for the best, she didn't want to be the reason people looked at them like they were evil or anything, she didn't like that her family had began to ignore them, she didn't like the constant heart breaks everyone went through whenever she was weak and unwell, she didn't like that her mates couldn't be happy and free all because of her, it was best to do the right thing whilst she was still capable of doing so.

   "Hello Princess Xenia"
Someone spoke, cutting her thoughts short.

    "Hello Elaine, it's good you are here"
She replied before slowly pulling herself in a sitting position.

    "Go to my chamber and pack me fourteen days worth of clothes, essentials and art supplies, call the pilot and request that they be ready to transport me to Arabella and then call the port ask them to ready the ship."

After issuing Elaine her orders, she slowly helped herself out of the bed and started walking towards the temple.

Once she arrived, she fell on her knees and looked up to the very place where she was made the oracle and spoke.

   "I don't know if I did enough as Oracle, I don't know if I even did anything at all but in all I hope I was at least half of who you wanted to represent you on earth.
Over the years, I would wake up everyday hoping that something good would happen, it didn't necessarily have to be for me but I just hoped that something good would happen because it was a sign that I wasn't the reason evil befell anyone,   Thank you dear Fate for regulating the affairs of men in a manner that didn't always make me feel terrible about my place in this world.
Thank you for the things I prayed for that were always given, Thank you for not letting me be the bearer of bad news at every turn.
Although there have been moments I will forever be  guilty for, I refuse to let it overshadow the times I was the reason those children laughed in joy.
In my next life, please make it better for me, and somehow if they're still my mates in that life then I hope you make them care about me.
Thank you again".

With that she rose up and managed to phase back into her chamber where there seemed to be a lot of helps who were making quick work of packing her things for her.
This was one of the things she would miss,  the way everyone tried to help the other regardless of whose responsibility it was.

After taking a short bath and changing into a matching black sweatpant and sweater and sneaker, she pulled her hair in a messy ponytail and walked out only to find the helps all standing there, looking somber.
She already knew why and for that she was terribly sorry.

   "A time is coming when you will find your mates, a warrior, a city worker, a lawyer, a banker, the beta males, and the famous kingdom artist, when that time comes, do not hold back because you thought the Royal household needed you more or because you had an experience that scarred you or because your father was a terrible mate or because you thought yourself unworthy if your mates or because you spent so long in here that you feel unready to move away.
When that time comes, accept with your whole heart what others scarcely ever got.