CHAPTER 24

Narrator :

Certain decisions where always best thought through and through before they could be taken but this was a lesson the Princes learnt a mark too late.

Four days later they had finally woken up from what seemed to be an endless sleep, so many things had changed within those days, they had become faster, bigger, and so much better than They used to be, it seemed as though marking Xenia completed a process they had no idea when it began hence their reason for calling their aunt who came over and told them that it was only the bond they now shared been completed and their beasts going through regrowth because now they had their mate who in turn completed them to the latter.

The entire concept seemed perfect at the time but how did it explain the reason why Xenia was still unconscious and for some reason that question excited their aunt to no end, she kept squealing like there was anything exciting about their mate still been unconscious and when they seemed not to get any reasonable answers from her they were on the next flight home because they couldn't handle the way they were feeling.

    "Come on Natasha just say something, you are making everyone anxious for crying out loud"
Their grandfather  pointed at their aunt who smiled before turning to the Kings who had refused to utter a word because they had an incline as to why Natasha seemed so excited.

    "Do you remember the first time Arabella shifted into her Lycan and how long she was unconscious for?"
Their aunt asked their fathers who smiled thoughtfully while their mother who finally grasped Natasha's line of thoughts began squealing and clapping with so much excitement Xavier finally lost his patience and growled so loud the palace shook and the maids who were running one errand or the other bent on their knees because everyone needn't be told tales about the wrath of Zeus.

Of course the older ones either rolled their eyes and looked away or just straight up eyed him and his beast who were on the verge of starting some serious damage.

   "Down Boy"
Their mother snapped, cutting her eyes in a way even Zeus himself feared and in no time retracted to the back of Xavier's mind.

    "Sorry mom"
He mumbled before rubbing his face from exhaustion and sitting back down while Xyon began rubbing his shoulder in a comforting manner.

   "Be calm son, it's nothing bad I promise"
Their mother tried to comfort them with her words.

   "Then tell us mom"
Xerxes replied, unable to hide the way his voice cracked at the end of his words.
He knew that they didn't deserve anything as it was but all they wanted to know was that she would be alright.

She didn't need to come back to them or anything because this time they were willing to play by her own rules but all they wanted was for her to open her eyes, surely that wasn't too much to ask.

    "Are you sure you are ready to know?"
Their aunt Natasha' asked and almost immediately got choruses of yes and definitely which made everyone smile.

   "Then turn around"
Their aunt whispered in awe. While the Princes turned just in time to see a very confused Xenia staring at herself while she walked through the door.

It wasn't her confused state that left them awe struck, No.and neither was it the fact that she hadn't even looked up yet, It was the fact that this was definitely not the Xenia they knew and grew up with.
This Xenia was taller and her hair was practically longer than their mother's, she exuded authority and even though she acted confused she still walked with more confidence and power than the former Xenia ever did,  She now had the stance of an alpha female through to the latter and that made them all the more eager to see her face.

    "Xenia?"
Their grandmother whispered as though she didn't believe it was her and that seemed to capture her attention because she finally looked up and with speed they'd never seen in her before she ran to their mother who held her so tight everyone wondered how they could still breath.

After what seemed to be forever Xenia had hugged everyone except the Princes who now willingly accepted their fate and together left the room leaving everyone else to catch up with her.

They understood if she was choosing not to pay attention to them and they couldn't blame her because they totally deserved every bit of it.
This got Xyon wondering if this was how she felt every time they ignored her back then But his Beast argued otherwise, their reasons for ignoring each other was greatly different, in their own case they thought that ignoring her was the best thing for everyone because the first time they spent any time together, they lost the life of a pup who they still insisted could have been saved if Xenia had been spending her time doing her job as the oracle instead of wasting it on them at the time but Xenia's reasons for ignoring them was for revenge reasons.

     "Shut the fuck up Lycros"
Xerxes snapped at their Xyons Lycan because he was bringing up a stupid argument that for weird reasons his own beast seemed to be agreeing with.

    "At least she's in perfect health"
Was all Xerxes said before plopping down on the bed.

   "I wish I could change everything"
Xyon replied before joining his brother on the bed.

   "Things would have been different"
Xavier sighed before laying on the bed that now contained three confused princes who looked at the ceiling and wondered how their lives turned out the way it now did.

    "I'm leaving brothers"
Xerxes whispered like he wanted someone to stop him but his brothers couldn't even bring themselves to stop him because they themselves didn't know what to do other than leaving with him.