Chapter 6

The High School Ella is working for, namely, Brent High School had a long weekend holiday, because that Friday was a holiday and the next Monday was also a Holiday.  Ella decided to visit her mom and took the opportunity to stay away from the High School full of ‘Chun’ for awhile.

She arrived at her mom’s house on Friday night and was unpacking her belongings in her room.

“Mama! I’m going to stay here for three days.” Ella informed her mom still busy unpacking.

Her mom was living alone; it was almost a year since she moved out because it was getting hard for her to work as the place was farther away from the school. She felt bad for leaving, and promised her mom that she would come and visit her often.

She went out of her room. “Mama, sorry for not visiting you more often, I have lots to do especially that summer is near. I hope you don’t get too lonely here without me.” She told her mom when she saw her.

“Aiyoo… Jia Hua, you don’t need to be sorry. You’re here now, aren’t you? I understand that you are busy with your job. Besides, you know, our neighbor’s son always keep me company.” Her mom said with her oh so caring voice.

“Ma!!! You’re so old already!!! How could you be hanging out with our neighbor’s son?!” Ella joked and was pretending to be surprised.

“Ella Chen Jia Hua!!! Is that what you think of your mother?!” Mrs. Chen was furious. She was looking at her daughter with wide eyes, while her hands were on her hips.

“hahahahaha! I’m only kidding! Hahahaha! Sorry…” Ella couldn’t believe her mother’s reaction.

“You better be! Aiyoo! This child is really…tsk…tsk… Anyways, Jia Hua, I will introduce him to you later. He is quite nice…You might like him… and possibly… marry him and hopefully my greatest wish of having grandchildren would finally come true.” Mrs. Chen was daydreaming while Ella was just watching her.

“Aiyoo! Mama! Don’t think too much!” Ella laughed at her mom and snapped her fingers in front of her. “Wake up already!”

All of the sudden, she thought about the reunion and paused for a bit.

‘I need to tell her about the Reunion’ she thought and went back on joking with her mom.

--

Ella was actually waiting for her mom to ask her about the reunion because she distinctly remembers her being excited about it. But it wasn’t until after eating dinner that she asked, “Jia Hua, can you tell your loving mother what happened at your reunion? I was waiting for you to tell me since you came! Are going to tell me? Did you meet that boy that you like so much in high school? I bet you, he became a weirdo with a 3-layered belly! Hahaha! Mrs. Chen laughing at her own joke but quickly noticed that her daughter had something she wanted to say.

 ‘Should I tell her now?’ Ella asked herself. ‘I guess it’s now or never.’

“Ma, it’s been bugging me for quite a while now and I don’t know if you would be mad at me or something but I have something I want to tell you.” She started.

Then, she told her mom everything. She told her about the dress, the make-up, Selina and Hebe, punch girl, and lastly Chun.

She didn’t know why but from that day of the reunion until now she never shed a tear. When she was telling her story though, she started crying and it hurt her to know that everything that happened, was now nothing more than a memory. A memory she wants to try and forget. But it seems that however hard she tries the memory, was there to last forever.

Her mom actually knows that she had loved Chun in High School. But she didn’t know she was hurting because of it.

Seeing her crying daughter, she stood up and went closer to her.

Then, she hugged her tightly and told her not to worry because she was there for her.

--

Chun was at his Gym that day because he just couldn’t concentrate on his work. He was always occupied with thoughts about… Ella. He didn’t know why, but he had been thinking about what happened between them.

‘It’s not like it was my first time’ he thought to himself ‘well, not since a long time ago but why am I always thinking about her?’

“Maybe, I just need to concentrate. Besides, I think I’m still guilty. Even though she already accepted my apology and assured me that she doesn’t hate me, I still feel soooo guilty. AAAArgghhhh.” He thought to himself again and started lifting weights.

He thought about talking to her again, but decided against it because they already had a deal and he wouldn’t know what to say if ever they meet again.