Chapter 1

‘I can’t believe it; I’m actually attending my High school Reunion. How many years have passed already? And yet I’m still stuck on this high school as a teacher. Sigh. If only I took up nursing then I’d be in a hospital right now. But then I couldn’t tolerate looking at blood or wounded people.’ She was staring at herself in a mirror on their High School’s washroom.

She was wearing the most gorgeous dress she’s ever worn in her entire life, compared to her typical High School teacher uniform, she thought she didn’t look that bad. She also had make-up on, but she wasn’t used to it.

She went outside the washroom and started to look for her best friends, Selina and Hebe. They were happily chatting with their boyfriends, Jiro and Arron, who just arrived at the Reunion.

Their batch had previously decided on having their reunion at their High School Gymnasium, to have nostalgic effects as it was where they held all their previous assemblies in High School. It was decorated elegantly that no one could even tell it was their Gym. S.H.E all helped with the planning and decorations as they were all teachers there and was part of that batch.

Ella didn’t bother on approaching Selina and Hebe with their boyfriends, she might just breakdown and cry, seeing how pathetic she is with no boyfriend whatsoever.

She went to the punch area and readied herself to serve punch, ‘hahahaha!’ she laughed at herself out of pity, How could she have offered to be the “punch girl”?!

Oh, that’s right; she didn’t want to mingle with her so called batch mates. She still remembered how they bullied her back then, they would put stickers on her back with a note that says ‘kick me!’ she actually knew that she had a note on her back but she didn’t want them to think she’s not fun or something. They were young after all. That is until somebody actually kicked her!

She cried and cried because that’s the only thing she could do. She thought they were all just having fun. How could they be so mean and actually kick her?

It was a good thing though that their school president stood up for her, and that was how she knew Wu Ji Chun, the most popular boy in their whole high school. She thought he was so handsome when he reprimanded the person who kicked her, who happens to be a guy named Xu.

“Hi miss, what’s your name? Are part of our batch?” someone asked her all of the sudden, bringing her back from her reminiscing.

‘This freak actually don’t recognize me’ she thought, ‘should I tell him who I am? Why is he talking to me? He might just kick me again, and Chun is not here to protect me.’

“Miss, Are you O.K.?” Xu asked.

“Yeah, I’m O.K. I’m Ella Chun, uhhh, I mean Ella Chen, and I am from this batch.” Ella replied.

“Ella? Ella Chen! Is this really you?! WOW, you’ve become a very attractive woman! I’ve always thought you’d end up being a lesbian! Hahahaha!”

Ella laughed along with him but deep inside she was thinking, ‘you could’ve stop with your ‘very attractive woman’ compliment, how thick-faced are you? I’m all woman!’