Chapter 7

The next day, Ella’s mom had asked her to dress nicely because she was going to introduce to her their neighbor’s son.

“Aaron, this is my lovely daughter Ella.” Mrs. Chen formally introduced her daughter.

“Nice to finally meet you.” He said, while offering her a handshake.

“You too.” She simply replied while shaking his hands. She thought Aaron was very cute.

Mrs. Chen left both of them alone in the living room.

“So, uuuhhmm…I hear that you always accompany my mom, you should tell me right now of your intentions or forever hold your peace.” Ella joked to relieve the tension.

“Hahahahaha!” Aaron couldn’t stop laughing, But when he finally did he said, “I have no intention to woo Mrs. Chen but I also live alone and I heard of her legendary cooking that’s why I…wanted to taste it.”

“Really? Then have you tasted her mushroom soup?” she asked enthusiastically. She really had a strong fetish for her mom’s home cooked mushroom soup.

“I did.” He replied.

--

“You know? I really thought you were going to be older. How come you live by yourself?” Ella asked Aaron. She had just discovered that he was only 24 years old, 4 years younger than her.

“That is because my parents are currently in the U.S. and I wanted to stay here. I didn’t want to leave my job.” He answered.

“Oh…so what is your job?” she asked.

“I’m just like you, I’m also a teacher, but I teach the elementary school just down the road. The high school is far from here.” He said.

They continued to talk and Ella thought Aaron was a very nice young man. He was like the little brother she never had. And he was nice enough in accompanying her mother.

She spent most of the weekend holiday with him and her mom going to the park to walk and just have some time to relax from work. They have become closer but she had to go back to her apartment to work.

She was happy it was only a week before the students would have their summer vacation.

It was their lunch time and she was at the balcony looking at the kids running and walking downstairs.

“Boo!” Selina jumped at her out of nowhere.

“Argh! Selina! You are so childish!” she scolded her. She got really surprised.

“I am not!” Selina argued. “Anyways, where have you been during the long weekend holiday?”

“I went to my mom’s house, why do you ask?” Ella replied.

“Nothing, I just wanted to know. By the way, what are you doing here? It’s lunch time already. Come on, Hebe’s waiting for us.” Selina finally remembered why she was looking for Ella in the first place and dragged her to the teacher’s lounge to eat.

A week passed and it was summer. The students were free and so were the teachers. Ella decided to spend her summer at her mom’s house while Hebe and Selina had planned on spending theirs with their boyfriend.

--

It been three days since Ella arrived in her mom’s house. She was feeling great and was really having fun.

She felt at home and Aaron has introduced Lu Huang to her, she was his colleague and she promised Aaron to keep his secret of having a crush on her since the day he saw her. He was too shy to confess.

That was why Ella and Mrs. Chen decided to invite Lu over for dinner together with Aaron. Mrs. Chen had decided to cook her most special mushroom soup for dinner, which was Ella’s favorite.

“Ok. You two! The soup is ready!” Ella called on Aaron and Lu who were flirting in their own living room.

The mother and daughter’s match making plan seemed to be working very well. Ella had just witnessed them whispering sweet nothings in each other’s ears. At least, that was what she thought they were doing.

Aaron and Lu immediately stood up upon hearing Ella call them. They all sat at the big dining table. They were busy eating and were enjoying each other’s company.

But then, Ella started feeling…nauseous.

‘Wahhh, what is this? I don’t feel too good!!! I think I’m going to barf!!!’ she thought as she covered her mouth and headed to the washroom and vomited.

Startled, everyone at the table stopped eating and rushed to her aid. Mrs. Chen immediately patted her back and was asking her if she was okay.

It was not the food that made her vomit, that was for sure. Her mom cooks with fresh ingredients and precision.

There was only one thing, which could possibly explain her random nausea. She wasn’t the only one who thought too, her mom knew as well.

Facing the toilet she thought, ‘OH MY GOD!!! I couldn’t be!!! I shouldn’t be!!!’ she was screaming in her thoughts.

But her hesitation cannot make the difference or change the fact that she is indeed… pregnant.