Chapter 4

It was approximately a 3 kilometer drive from the school to the nearest hotel. It was amazing that Ella still had strength to drive. She stopped at a red light and turned to look at the drunken Chun. She was thinking all night about how much she adored him. Their reunion made her realize how much she always wanted to depend on him. She wanted to change. After so many years of not meeting him, but always thinking about him was…kind of pathetic. When she thought about it, she had decided to let her heart forget him. She thinks that he will never be able to love her the same way and her unrequited love was keeping her from moving forward and truly experience happiness. She decided that today was the last day she was going to see him and that she would forget all about him and the love that she had for him.

The light turned green and she drove all the way to the hotel. She went inside to inquire only to be greeted by an over enthusiastic hotel manager, which irritated her as she was feeling down not long ago.

“Good evening Ma’am!!!” he said with a smile that emitted excitement.

“Good evening, I just want to ask if a Mr. Wu has booked a room in this hotel.” She told the manager, curious why he was so excited.

“Yes ma’am, Mr. Wu had booked THE room and I am more than happy to assist you in anything you might need.” The hotel manager answered Ella.

“Uhhm” Ella didn’t know how to put her request into words. “Mr. Wu is passed out inside that car.” She said while pointing at the BMW parked outside, near the entrance of the hotel.

“Oooooohhhhh” the manger was curious as to why Mr. Wu was drunk when he had especially reserved their hotel’s most special room. “Shall I help you carry him to your room?”

“Yes Please.” She replied, although bothered that the manager had mistaken her to be his girlfriend. She had figured that when he used ‘your’ instead of ‘his’. ‘Was he supposed to have someone with him today?’ she asked herself as they headed to the car.

When they were entering the room none of them bothered to open the lights so when the manager left she did.

“Oh My God!” She couldn’t help but exclaim. The room was for lovers. It was filled with flowers and heart-shaped accessories. Everything created a romantic feel.

‘God! What is this?! A sign?! Should I not forget about him?! And take advantage of the situation?!  I can’t believe this, maybe the manger sent us to the wrong room.’ She was really surprised. ‘Please God, Don’t play with me. I’m tired already.’

She was really tired and it was almost 1 am. She quickly ran to the kitchen to have a drink to energize herself.

“What is this?” she said as she took two jars out from the fridge. She took a large gulp from one of the jars and almost finished it. At first she thought it didn’t taste good but as she drink more she thought that it tasted like…heaven.

 She was making her way to the door swaying back and forth and was trying not to fall so she herself could go home and rest, and as she had decided; forget about Chun and the love she had for him.

She finally got to the doorknob and was ready to open it when she heard somebody yelling, “Don’t go! Don’t go!”

“What was that?” she mumbled to herself walking to where the voice was coming from.

“I said, ‘Don’t go.’” She heard someone say and was shocked when someone pulled her to the bed. She was ready to scream but lips were firmly placed against hers.

Before she knew it, she had successfully experienced a lot of first times in one night.

Her first dance.

Her first drink.

Her first kiss.

And most especially, her first ‘time’.

“AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!” she screamed because of the sudden realization that struck her together with the massive headache she was having right. She was experiencing another first, and it was her first Hangover.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!” she screamed yet again. She just noticed that she was still naked! And Chun was sleeping right next to her, also naked!

She quickly puts her dress on, despite her aching head and quickly headed to the kitchen to drink, and made sure it was water this time.

As a teacher, she had known how to deal with hangovers because some of her high school students are a mess.

After drinking so much water, she needed to go to the washroom and of course, she needed to clean herself up.

She went back to the kitchen to have some fruit and found a banana, but before she could take a bite she had to rush to the bathroom to puke.

After puking she stood up and looked at the mirror.

It was official; she hated hangovers and will never drink alcohol ever again.

--

After dealing with her hangover, she sat down at a chair next to the bed and looked at the sleeping Chun. She didn’t know what to do. But she still remembered what she decided to do on their way to the hotel.

‘What should I do? Chun, wake up. Tell me, what should I do?  I think it’s better if I just leave and then everything would go back to normal. You can go back to Taipei and do your work, and I will stay here and continue being a teacher. Do you know? I really like being a teacher but I just don’t like working at our old high school, because it always reminded me of you when all I wanted to do was forget you. Besides, we can always pretend like nothing happened right? If ever I would meet you again, I won’t bother you and would even ignore you.’

“So Chun!” she was talking to him now, as if he was awake but he was still asleep. “I guess this is it. Goodbye.”

She leaned in and kissed him one last time. Coming out of the hotel, she was surprised at herself because she didn’t even shed a single tear.