Chapter 10

Ella had successfully dragged Aaron outside the gym.

"Walk faster!!!" she said in a fierce tone as she looked for the car, "Where did you park the car?!"

She wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. "I said, where's the car?!"

Frightened, Aaron timidly pointed at where it was. It was the first time he saw Ella so angry. "It's right there."

"Aaron?! What were you thinking?!!" she looked back and asked him as they walked to the car.

"Ella Jie, You don't understand. He should be responsible! You can't possibly think your profit at the restaurant is enough to sustain you—she cut him off.

"Stop it!!! It's YOU who don't understand! He's innocent! We were both drunk and he has his future ahead of him! We should not—I refuse not to ruin someone else's life! Is that clear?!"

She knew it was what Aaron was thinking, they were poor. She knows there's a possibility that her baby might not survive this kind of life but they'll just have to do their best with the restaurant and maybe it will grow to be more.

She was afraid, afraid that she would lose to him if ever they went to court for the custody of the child.

He was rich, and he is the most capable person she had ever known. How could she compete with him? Granted, she was the mother but is that enough? He could probably find another mother and she would have to sneak in their huge mansion just to look at her own baby.

They got inside the car. Aaron was contemplating on what she said. He just wanted the child to have a father but if someone was to choose a more suitable guardian to the child, it would have to be Chun.

He made a BIG mistake. They need to get out of there fast. He was totally stupid in thinking Chun would only give support, but every rich man is evil, that was what they thought. 

They drove the car and quickly left the place, without even thinking of the possibility that a certain someone had watched and heard everything they said and done.

Chun was watching them fight and bicker. At first, he was having a hard time remembering his connection with these strangers. But he quickly recognized Ella at a second glance. He followed them to where they were headed.

After an hour of driving, he finally saw them stop in front of a bungalow house that was too small for his own liking. It was decent enough but it was small. He also noticed a small restaurant beside it, or rather connected to it.

'Why did I even follow them?' he asked himself.

He wanted to talk to her. Somehow he felt she knew something important he should know about 'We were both drunk and he has his future ahead of him!' her voice kept repeating inside his head.

He was getting ready to walk right to their house to confront her, but his phone suddenly rang.

"Hello?" he said through to phone.

"..."

"O.k. I'll be right there. Bye."

His assistant had called him to tell him about an emergency at their company. It wasn't very important but he decided to come back tomorrow.

As he had decided, he was going to pretend to be a normal customer and order something to eat. After that, he would ask her about what happened yesterday.

He was feeling nervous for some strange reason. But he headed inside the small restaurant and looked around.

It was cute; it was painted with an elegant creamy white paint and the wooden tables and chairs made the place, homey. He sat down at one of the tables and heard a girl greet him.

"Good morning, sir." Lu greeted the customer. "Here's our menu."

Chun didn't know what to eat. He read what was on the menu and decided to try their mushroom soup. He was looking for Ella, but she wasn't there. He wanted her to take his order therefore he decided to wait until she comes out.

His eyes were glued at the kitchen doorway.

Lu was also waiting for him to take his order at nearby table, but she was just looking at him staring at their kitchen door way.

'What a weird guy." She thought. She stood up and headed to the kitchen where Ella and Mrs. Chen were.

"Ella, there's a weird costumer outside and I think he's here to loiter. He's just waiting there not ordering anything." Lu said, "I don't think he's waiting for a date. What should we do?"

Ella found it intriguing. Why would someone want to loiter at their restaurant?

She went outside the kitchen to take a look, and was surprised to see Chun.

Worst of all, their eyes met. There was no turning back now.

'God! What is he doing here?' she thought as she watched him stood up from where he was sitting.

"How much is your mushroom soup?" he asked walking up to her.

Ella acted like nothing ever happened between them and simply told him the price. She looked at his handsome face and saw the black eye which Aaron had caused yesterday.   

"Is that all you're going to say?" he asked her while pointing at his black eye.

Ella sighed. "I'm sorry, please forgive my little brother. You can have the soup for free if you want." She said with a slight bow.

 "I don't want free soup; I want to know why that punk, your little brother attacked me." He said in a stern voice. He just really wanted to know why he got smacked yesterday.

"Please, mister I am very sorry about my little brother he... he..." she didn't know any excuse to mask that kind of behavior.

"—he is special." Mrs. Chen came to her rescue. "So mister, please stop pestering my daughter and accept the apology. You may leave now, and here's your soup."

Mrs. Chen handed him the soup and told him to get lost or else she'd call the police.

Chun only nodded his head but he wasn't going to give up so easily. He was determined to know what she was hiding from him, and no one could stop him from finding out what it is.