Chapter 9

Ella was completely oblivious about Aaron’s ‘investigations’. She was too busy puking every now and then and helping her mom with the small restaurant they decided to start. They figured it was time to share Mrs. Chen’s fabulous cooking to the whole world or at least in the mean time, to the whole neighborhood.

She was relieved when she had finally reached her fourteenth week, all the puking and the constant need of going to the washroom has ended. Her stomach was still flat though, no one could possibly tell she was pregnant.

Their restaurant had just opened up and she was looking for Lu.

“Lu! Come here!” she yelled to get Lu’s attention.

“Why? Is there a problem? Do you need any help? Lu immediately went to where Ella was.

“Nothing’s wrong. I just want you to help my mom with the restaurant while I will go do something pregnant women do. Is that alright?” Ella said, looking like she was up to something suspicious.

“Whatever you say. But you better not forget that you need to be careful!” Lu warned her and pointed at her stomach.

“No worries” she said as she headed outside the restaurant.

‘Yes! Finally! I didn’t think I could go inside this apartment! I’m really curious! Ever since I knew Aaron, I’ve never been in his apartment. I wonder what he’s hiding in there. It’s time to find out! Hahaha!’

Ella had always wanted to go inside Aaron’s apartment, but for some unknown reason to her, every time she asks to go inside, he never lets her in.  But today, Aaron was away and went to Taipei. She didn’t know why he went to Taipei but she was glad because she gets to go inside his apartment. She wanted to know if Aaron was hiding something, something…unimaginable.

‘Aiyoo… What’s there to hide about? Why can’t I go in here? It’s not even dirty or anything. It’s just an average apartment.’ Ella thought as she walked around Aaron’s apartment.

The apartment was neat and clean, opposite of what Ella imagined it to be. Other than her wild imaginations of the place containing unimaginable things, she thought that maybe it was dirty, that was why Aaron was hesitant to let a little pregnant woman in, but she was wrong. It was just plain normal.

But then she thought maybe his room contained unimaginable things, so being her curious pregnant self she dared went inside his room. It was a little messy, but it wasn’t bad. She looked around his desk when she spotted her year book, and then she spotted something she was she was looking for, something unimaginable; Wu Ji Chun’s picture.

Her eyes became as wide as a fish’s, she just couldn’t believe it. She thought that Aaron didn’t know Chun and she had been very careful in refraining herself not to talk about him. She knew that Chun lived in Taipei, and Aaron had just left saying he was going to Taipei.

Her eyes shot another level of wideness as she realized what Aaron was up to. “AARON YAN YA LUN!!!!!” she screamed at the top of her lungs, thankful she was inside his apartment and hoping no one heard her.

She went outside the apartment and took a folder Aaron had compiled. It was full of information about Chun. She briefly read the folder and knew exactly where Aaron went.

She needed to stop him. She went to the restaurant to talk to her mom.

“Mama, I need to stop Aaron. Lu can help you here.”

“What do you mean?” Mrs. Chen was confused. “Why do you need to stop him? What is he doing? I thought he was going to Taipei.”

“I’ll tell you later, but I need to go now or else I might be too late.”

“Alright, but be careful okay?” Mrs. Chen reminded her and smiled.

After talking to her mom, Ella went to her car.

But it was gone.

Aaron had taken it without telling her but he probably asked Mrs. Chen.

“AARON YAN YA LUN!!!” she screamed for the second time “How could you do this?!!!”

Without a choice, she had to take a cab.

“To Taipei please,” she told the driver. “And please drive a little bit faster, thank you.”

--

Aaron was smirking to himself outside a Fitness gymnasium; he was just standing there and looking at the place. He knew it was where the person he considered as a bastard frequently hangs out at.

After sometime, he went inside.

“Miss, he said to the receptionist. “I’m looking for Mr. Wu Ji Chun, Is there any chance that he’s here?”

“I’m sorry sir, but he’s not here today.” The receptionist answered.

“Really? Are you telling the truth?” he leaned at the counter and shot inquisitive looks at the receptionist.

 Just then, someone entered the gym and greeted, “Good Morning everyone!”

The girl at the reception area greeted him with a bow and went closer to him and told him that someone was looking for him.

Aaron just stood there looking at him, ‘This bastard… look at him! He’s so happy and boastful!!! He’s exactly what I hate! He’s the reason why Ella was almost dying, for the past few months’

He was obviously exaggerating, but he hated the man. He hated him for being so happy when for the past few months he had witnessed Ella feeling nauseated and weak.

“Why are you looking for me?” Chun asked Aaron who just smirked and walked closer to him.

Aaron was just looking at him with his evil and manipulative gaze, that it started to scare Chun a little. When Aaron got close enough, he just couldn’t stop himself. He was having a hard time controlling his anger. He lifted his arm and made it into a fist; Chun wasn’t sure what was happening but was shocked when Aaron downright smacked him!

Chun fell on the floor but quickly stood up to punch him back. But he stopped when a little lady stood in front of him with her arms blocking the guy who previously smacked him like he has done something wrong.

It was Ella.  She had successfully arrived at the place where she would meet the person she’d been trying to forget, Chun. But she completely ignored him and faced Arron immediately.

“Aaron Yan Ya Lun!!” she started beating him on his chest and dragged him out of Chun’s gymnasium by the ear.