Chapter 13

Ella and her mom were busy packing. Aaron wasn't able to help because he was at school busy teaching his elementary students.  Ella had visited him at school, only for once afraid someone might recognize her. Mrs. Chen decided to close the restaurant for that day so they could get organized. It's been a few days since Chun had come to their house telling them that he wanted to take Ella with him to Taipei.

He figured a few days, was just what they needed so they could decide. In the meantime, he remained in Taipei to prepare his employees on his future absences.

The mother and daughter were still busy packing when Ella suddenly stopped.

"Wait!" she exclaimed and turned to look at her mom.

She had her eyes widen and asked, "Mama! Where am I going to live again?!"

"Jia Hua, relax." Her mom started to chuckle. Sometimes Ella is so childish. "Jia Hua, my daughter, don't worry I'm sure you're going to have your own room. It's not like his house is small anyway, it should be a huge mansion and you can hide from him if you want. You don't need to be so worked up."

"Err...You're so mean! I'm not going to hide....I didn't mean it to be like that at all." She mumbled.

"What did you say, my daughter?" Mrs. Chen pretended not to understand what she was mumbling about.

"Nothing. Nevermind. Just help me pack." She said.

She couldn't believe she was going to live with the person she loves.

If only he could love her back...

--

Chun was waiting outside the 'Chen' house. They had agreed to his plans and called him so he could drive Ella to his house. Mrs. Chen wanted him to personally drive Ella there to make sure of her daughter's safety.  

While waiting, his mind started lingering on thoughts about their situation. He still couldn't believe it. However, he was determined to make it work.

He noticed someone come out of the door. It was Ella.

"Do you need any help with your luggage?" He asked.

Ella simply nodded her head. She let Chun enter their house and showed him the box she wanted help with. Aaron was also there, helping with Ella's luggage.

When they had all managed to put the luggage inside the car trunk, it was time to say goodbye.

Ella hugged her mom and asked her to come and visit her often or else...

She also hugged Aaron and told him this was his fault and he should propose to Lu soon. Aaron teased her telling her the same thing, propose to Chun.

Ella laughed at him and sneaked a look at Chun who was already inside his car. He didn't want to ruin their sentimental goodbyes so he opted on waiting for her inside the car.

--

"Hey! You better take care of my Jie!" Aaron told him through the window.

"Don't worry, I will." Chun said.

 "Also...I'm sorry about that punch I gave you."

"No problem, I think I deserved it." He confessed.

He smiled and looked at Mrs. Chen who was smiling back at him.

Ella entered the car trying not to cry.

"Let's go." She said plainly. Chun started the car and so, they headed for Taipei.

Ella wanted to talk to him about his job and his family. She wanted to know him more and more. But she didn't know how to act around him so she kept quiet.

"So, um...What did I miss?"Chun asked awkwardly.

"What do you mean?" she asked him back. She didn't get what he was saying.

"I mean, about you, during these 4 months, is there anything you want to tell me? Or anything that I need to know?" he tried to clarify.

"Well, there's nothing much, just that..." she didn't know if she should tell him about the specific details but he asked for it didn't he? "...I puked a lot, often pee, and well, I have been to check-ups with my trusted doctor, and the baby is definitely healthy.

"Do you know if it's a girl or a boy?" he asked.

"No. Why?" she replied smiling at him. She thought he would feel uncomfortable about the details she just said but he was calm and always so cool and handsome.

Throughout the ride, they talked about each other's lives. Though mostly, Ella did the talking and Chun did the asking.

--

Chun was talking about his idol, Michael Jordan halfway throughout their ride, when Ella was beginning to feel tired. It seems her eyelids were becoming heavier and heavier and then she fell asleep.

"...I went to his last game, you know?" he said in bragging tone and turned to look at Ella for a reaction. But she had none. She was fast asleep.

He laughed at himself. Is he that boring?

They finally arrived and Mrs. Chen was right. His house was indeed a huge mansion. But Ella was still asleep to witness the magnificent mansion and the lovely rose garden on the front yard.

"Ella? We're here. Wake up." Chun shook her gently, still seated at the driver's seat.

But seeing that she was so peaceful in her sleep, he didn't want to bother her and he carried her bridal style to her room.

--

Ella woke up in a huge, elegant looking room. Her bed was soft and comfortable with the silk sheets and thick comforter. She sighed. It was just like heaven, she thought.

Just then, the door opened, "So, you're finally awake?"

She looked up at Chun and said, "Yeah, I'm sorry for sleeping awhile ago."

"No worries, by the way, I just wanted to see if you were awake and tell you I already called your mom and your so-called little brother Aaron to inform them we have arrived safely." He said while he walked his way on the chair near Ella's bed.

"Do you like your room?" he asked. "Because if you don't—"

"Are you kidding me?! I Love it!!!" she exclaimed.

Realizing how excitedly childish she seemed she looked down at the comforter. "Uuuhh I mean, it's alright. You know, it's very nice."

"Err... that's good. Come on; let's go down to have dinner." He simply said as he headed to the door.

"Aiiyoo! How embarrassing was that?" Ella asked herself when Chun closed the door.

Chun heard what she said and couldn't help but smile at her. 'How cute.'

--

At dinner, Chun kept putting different kinds of food on Ella's plate insisting that they were good for her and the baby.

Ella was touched, but she didn't have any appetite. However, she didn't want to disappoint Chun. She only sighed, looked at the food at her plate and started every food Chun had placed. 

"Ella." Chun slightly nudged her.

"Yeah?" she said and looked up at him.

"I've already told my mom about our situation, she said she wants to meet you."

"Really? I...uh...when?"

Ella didn't expect to meet any of his relatives.

She thought he wanted to keep it a secret.

"She'll fly back from the U.S this weekend, so maybe Monday. Are you okay with that?" he asked looking at her.

"Uuhh...Can my mom come? I really can't do this alone."

"Of course, I'll send a car to pick her up a day before."

"Thank you."

"No problem!"