chapter 23

He stared at her with his casual expression. A year ago when she said shes looking foward to the upcoming years isshiki could sense something was about to happen and it might interfere with his plans. He suspected this otsutsuki to be the main cause for it. Why? He didnt know himself but decided to keep a close watch on the girl.

A few weeks after that day Solana started getting so comfortable with sitting next to him and it confused isshiki so much. He rememberd mentioning shes so honest with the man who's sending her to her death but meant the same with this. Why does she want to be next to him? It dosnt make any sense. He thought it was wierd.

So with that he decided if she wouldnt be smart enough to distance herself from him he'd do it. He never thought she'd think to much about it but now he knows she has. Solana and jigen stared at each other for a few seconds before he looked down a little. It wasnt a secret on why he made her stop so had no problem telling her.

"It's weird you want to sit so close to me" he said. "I dont think its weird" she said. He looked at her. "Oh?" He said and she nodded. He then closed his eyes and rested his cheek on his fingers. Solana continued looking at him before completely sitting back."He thought it was weird. But why?" she thought.

Mintues passed with neither of them saying anything. Solana decided to leave the matter alone and jigen didnt think of much of it. More time passed before Solana sat up. "Can we go somewhere?" She asked. He opened his eyes still not looking at the girl. "You say the most random things" he said. She smiled and stood up.

She walked to the bookshelf and looked for a certain book. She found it and flipped to a specific page then brought it in front of jigen. He looked up at it. "Let's go here" she said. It was a picture of the ocean with writing and facts about it underneath it. "The ocean?" He thought. That was the most unexpected place he ever imagined she'd say she wanted to go.

"Theres nothing there except water" he said. She put the book down. "Have you been there before?" She asked. "Yes" he replied. "I heard humans like to go into the water. I'm quite interested" she said. "Is that so?" he said. "Dont worry. I wont run away and you'll be with me so there's nothing to worry about." she said. "Worry. What makes you think that? " Jigen said. She turned around. "If you wernt worried something might happen you'd have no problem taking me. Wouldnt you agree?" She asked and smiled.

Jigen gave his casual expression . She only posses the arrogance of an otsutsuki other than her looks. He then looked down debating whether or not to take this girl. After a couple mintues of hard thinking he decided he would. He considered all the risks and what he'd do if something were to happen. Solana continued looking at him until he looked at her. "Alright then" he said and stood up.

Jigen then stuck out his palm and created a portal that swallowed them both. Moments later they both stepped out. Solana looked up and her eyes widened. She now stared at the ocean. Jigen squinted his eyes. The sun was way too bright for his liking. In fact he never liked the sun. "How stupid" isshiki thought. Never in a millennium would he think he'd be where he was right now.

He then looked at Solana who face was lit up. He stared at her then back at blue sea. "As I said. theres nothing here but water" he said. "The water is beautiful" she mumbled. Jigen closed his eyes and felt as the wind softly blowed. Solana looked at him. She watched how soft his features looked in the sun. He looked beautiful as his skin gleamed.

Solana cheeks warmed up not knowing if it was because of the sun or jigen. Neither of them said anything and stared out into the salty body of water for the next couple of mintues before she looked down. "We can go back now" she said. jigen then created a portal bringing the two back inside the room. solana sat at the edge of the bed and jigen sat on the couch. "The ocean is such a nice place. If I could I'd visit there all the time" she said. He looked at her. "Thank you for taking me jigen. It seems we both enjoyed it".

"What makes you say that?" He said. "When I looked at you..you seemed to be at peace. Like you were enjoying it" she said. He stared at her. "Is that so?" He replied. She nodded and smiled. After that the two shared a conversation about the ocean until jigen said he had to leave.