Prologue

Trust no one. I should trust anyone in my life if it leads me to the worst decisions. I lost my humanity, my trust in people, my faith. All I want is to go home and dwindle in darkness. Everyone I know broke what was left in me. I thought we were a team, I thought we all had one goal. I was wrong. Oh so wrong...

"Students and staff should be advised! There is an active shooter on campus, stay in your class and hide!" The principle says in the PA system. Everyone started panicking and screaming.

"Everyone calm and hide," Hunter says, turning the lights off.

"Clover!" I hear someone call my name.

"Yuki?" I say as she throws herself on me.

"Everyone just is quiet," Ms. Kazumi says as we spread all over the room.

"Gr, where is that punk? I'm going to smash his head against the wall to teach him to not mess with schools," Jack says on one of the sides of the doors.

"Jack, get back here! He's going to shoot you first," Katsumi says, digging herself within her sweater.

"It's fine, if we have Ivy and Jack in the doorway, we have a chance at surviving."

"Everyone shh, I hear footsteps," Ivy says, getting her practice sword ready.

As the door slowly opened, something was thrown in, causing a cloud of smoke to fill the air. Everyone started coughing and trying to wipe the smoke out of the way. As I try to move around, I hear a thunk. As I picked it up, it was round.

"Clover, that's a grenade!"

The grenade blew up a bright light covering the entire room. No one could see what was happening. Suddenly I felt light, I felt like I wasn't on the ground anymore, then a crash landing. As the clouds and light dip down.

"Is everyone alright?" I hear Ms. Kazumi's voice.

"I'm alright," Hunter says, rubbing his head.

"I'm good."

"I'm alright."

Everyone was somewhat fine, no injuries, no one was missing. Looking around we were in some sort of palace. Lustrous braziers enclosing each of the fourteen marble columns light up the entire throne hall and bathe the hall in a dancing glow of orange. The stained glass windows in the curved ceiling dance in the flickering light while statues look down upon the stone floor of this imposing hall.

A carmine rug runs from the throne down through the center and splits into two paths leading out while matching banners with embellished tufts dangle gently from the walls. Between each banner stands a tall candle, they've all been lit and in turn illuminate the murals of powerful creatures below them. Grand, stained glass windows of mesmerizing mosaics are shrouded by draperies colored the same carmine as the banners. The curtains have been adorned with fine patterns and fancy tassels.

An imposing throne of onyx sits in front of a large window radiating light onto the throne and is adjoined by two almost identical seats for the royal highness's trustees.

The throne is covered in intricate emblems and fixed on each of the broad feet is a gem-encrusted flower head. The dense pillows are a dark carmine and these too have been adorned with gilded margins.

Those waiting to see their royal highness can do so on the abundance of modest, yet comfortable wooden benches, all of which are facing the throne in a half-circle. Those of higher standing can instead take seats in the exuberant balustrades overlooking the entire hall. Soldiers of iron surround the entire area guarding the ones upfront. Oddly enough some even had rifles.

"Greetings to you all."

Ms. Kazumi stands up and walks forward, "Hello, I am Kanno Kazumi."

"Ms. Kazumi, as you see, you and your class are certainly not in your world." The king says. The king was a broad, strong man. He sports a beard going down to his pecs with the color of redwood. His hair is braided to show nobility and his crown to show who owns this place.

"I am King Elderan Olion and I have chosen the young students you teach as chosen ones of this world."

"Chosen ones? What do you mean? Plus there's like 20 others."

Elderan stands up and walks to us. "There is a demon lord upon this land. All the people within this land are suffering from the one they call "Dragovich." I was told that a group of heroes from another world will save us from his reign, but fail to do so throughout many decades. And these 10 that are set behind you will truly have the power to fight the demon king."

"Sounds like trouble, we're in."

"Wait, Ms. Kazumi, we can't just accept a mission without any-"

"As your reward, you all will earn your way home with much riches in favor of the Empire."

"I'm in!" Axel says.

"Of course you do it for the money, Axel," Hunter chuckles.

"I do a lot of things for money," Axel scoffs.

The rest of the class chuckles, "Not what I meant!"

"So your majesty," Ms. Kazumi continues, "How are we going to fight this "Dragovich?"

"It's easy. Teamwork, trust, betrayal, loyalty, but mostly trust. Trust on yourself, trust on others, and trust on your weapons."

"Weapons?" Jack says, getting excited.

"Correct young Jack. Each of you is connected to one of these weapons that will help you fight the demons of Dragovich," Elderon says as a group of knights bring out a table of weapons. There were spears, swords, bows, shields, katanas, and staff. "Go ahead young ones and choose your weapon." The others were able to pick our weapons, but there was a catch. As we drew our weapons, we had our own suits as well.