Chapter 8: Think Back...

As we flew back to Gargolas, I stared into space, remembering the fun times I had in my past world fade away in darkness as the demon inside of me starts to take over time after time. I could feel the cheerfulness of him inside and it started to make me smile, not regret the decisions I have made and what I affected in the past. All of the lives I've taken felt like nothing.

"Master?" Umi asks.

I spring back, "What's up Umi?"

"Do you regret leaving your class?" she asks.

I started to laugh. It felt evil. I started to laugh like a demon. "Are you kidding? Of course not! It's like the best thing I've ever done! Those bastards left me alone in the dark and I had to dig my way out on my own! Hell, I even ate a fucking demon in order to survive. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't be like this, you wouldn't be on my side!"

Umi looks down. "You're right, but they're your friends."

"They were."

Umi stops and stays quiet. I sigh and pat her head, making her feel slightly better. We soon head back to Gargolas. At the gate, we ended up coming upon two of the guards at the gate.

"You must be Clover, hero of Haywire, correct?" he asks.

"Yes, what is the matter?"

"The queen is asking you for an important meeting and we will escort you to the palace."

My team and I were quite suspicious, but we decided to follow. We followed through the path and crossed the gate to the main palace. It was a huge castle with soldiers all around it dressed in heavy gold armor and heavy weapons like swords, guns and other essentials. As we walked in the castle we were greeted by many soldiers around the inside. Up in the balcony, in the entrance, surrounding the thrones and the back of the wide golden doors.

"Your highness, the hero of Haywire is here," the guard knelt down.

"Come forth young hero," she says. Walking forward, the queen was dressed in blue and gold with a fit stature. Next to her was a young woman. I felt a strong presence within her. A fighting spirit. One of the demigods. She donned white hair with white and black armor to match her entire style.

"Your highness, it's a pleasure meeting you."

"Quiet young hero, it's a shame we have to meet in terms of a three way war. My name is Eliza Tanne."

"Clover Imaizumi. This is Rii Ida and Umi Yodogawa."

"It's a pleasure to meet you ice dragon and it's a pleasure to see that you are doing well Dire Wolf Queen."

"Thank you, I appreciate your mission. I am in debt to you."

Queen Tanne chuckles, "My worry is if only you are safe."

"So you know Umi?"

"Correct, Umi and I are allies in this war, it's a shame that their tribe was almost taken out, I'm sorry."

"Don't worry I'm planning to repopulate and recreate the tribe."

"Oh? How so?"

Umi points at me, "Because my partner is: Master."

"Interesting."

"Can we talk about this later?" I say.

"Apologies, back to topic, the reason why I summoned you Clover especially because I want you to marry my daughter, Kiara Tanne."

My eyes widen, "Why me?"

"I've seen records from your adventures. You certainly are. The might of a demon, it's very accelerating. It's perfect for my daughter, what do you think of Kiara?"

"If you say so Mother," she says.

"I object!"

"What is the problem?"

"I sincerely apologize, your highness but I can't marry a woman I don't know much about nor that my age is enough, I'm only 16."

"What do you mean? You are clearly legal to marry my daughter, assuming only 2 years of age is much of a distance to you."

"Again I appreciate your offer, but I would like to decline," I look at her, then at the others, "for now. I would like to get to know your daughter before marriage."

"Agreed," Queen Tanne says. "Take care of Kiara, but I would like to send you off to a mission of my own. You see, there's a war here between Gargolas and Irelia."

"Irelia? What happened?"

"You see. Elderon...He's my former husband. What he has done is unforgivable."

"What did he do?" I ask.

"Left me and my daughter and built a new kingdom on his own only by his riches and his own image of dominance. He would destroy anything in his way to get what he wanted. All his riches were from the kingdoms that once stood around Mongolia, now dust and ruins. Dead bodies of the innocent killed in the slashes of evil."

"I see."

"I want you to gather information for me. There was a camp that was spotted nearby within the desert region and I want you to scout for them and get information so we know about our enemy."

"Right."

"I want you to also take care of my daughter."

"Your words are within me."