Chapter 22: To the Past

A few days later, we decided to move to our next destination, where ever that is, to be honest. I told Rii to fly us West. It was dark and cold up here as the wind blew against us. The girls fell fast asleep. Yuki and Umi were cuddling while Trarkoz and Rebekka were separated. I started to chuckle that Trarkoz tried shuffling towards her. I looked up at the sky as the darkness filled it. All of a sudden my eyelids started to drop, covering my vision of darkness straight into slumber.

I suddenly woke up to the sound of the ringing of a bell and a voice calling my name.

"Clover!" it spoke. "Wake up!"

I open my eyes to see Yuki wearing our school's uniform.

"About time you're awake! It's our first day of high school, you don't want to be late!"

"Yuki? I'm up, I'm up," I say, getting out of bed.

I yawn as I stretch and head to the restroom. I washed my long black hair and my pale face. I changed into my school uniform which was black pants, a white dress shirt, a black top with a picture of a red scorpion, a badge of our school, and black dress shoes to finish it off.

I then walked downstairs to see Mom, Dad, and Yuki eating.

"Good morning Clover," she says with a sweet smile.

"Mornin' boy," Dad says, sipping on his coffee, reading the news on his tablet.

' I sat down next to Yuki, finishing her rice porridge. I took my soup spoon and took a sip. The porridge was sweet, textureful, and pleasant. My Mom was a chef before she retired years ago with a Michelin star when she opened a restaurant.

"Are you two ready for your first year in High School?" Mom asks.

"Yeah, I'm excited to see new people!" Yuki says, before drinking her milk.

"Yeah, I guess." I say.

"Clover you don't have to be nervous."

"I'm...not..." I said.

I finished my meal and got my shoes ready. As we were walking out, I was awoken by the sun shining brighter than ever. On the road, kids of all ages walk to school.

"You ready Clover?" Yuki asks me.

I nod and follow her to school.

Reaching the campus, I was astonished. It was huge. A lot larger than I actually thought. It was about four floors tall and students all around came in. The 1st years were told to meet at the entrance ceremony in the gym. Entering in, there were hundreds of 1st year students lined up. I was not comfortable seeing this many people at once. I started to tense up.

Yuki and I soon say down. About an hour has past and we were introduced to our homeroom teachers. Ms. Kazumi ended up being my homeroom teacher. She was exceptionally tall. She was fit and wore glasses with her hair in a bun on the back of her head.

"Good morning everyone, welcome to class 1C and I will be your homeroom teacher for the rest of high school!"

The guys were cheering and the girls, not so much. Apparently there were rumors that Ms. Kazumi was a model before she took up teaching from what I heard from some of the guys in the entrance ceremony.

The day went pretty decent so far. We were introduced to what classes we have. We started with Math, social studies, Japanese, Science, lastly English, which personally I am quite good at. I decided to sit in the back of the classroom. I'd rather not be approached nor talked to.

Lunch soon started and we were all separated into our own groups. Yuki already started to make some friends, Kiko, one of the most popular girls in school from what the boys say, Katsumi, the quiet, but upbeat girl, and Ivy, the cold and quiet girl. I didn't plan to join them at all. Just me and my book. I recently bought a copy of a necronomicon. Yes, "The Book of the Dead!" I was so excited to read this! I continued eating my lunch Mom cooked me as I read the book.

As I looked up to take a short break, I saw Yuki walk out the classroom door. Of course, I look back down at my manga and keep reading. Suddenly, someone approaches my desk, "Um, H-Hello?"

I look up out of my book and see Kiko staring down at me. "Yes?" I answer.

"You're Clover Imaizumi right?" she asks.

"Who else do you think I am?" I say. "Don't you think it's kinda rude to interrupt someone that's reading?"

"I apologize, but I just wanted to say hi. I already met your sister Yuki and I also heard that you two are twins right?"

"Well, yeah. Pretty much, what gives?"

"I just find it interesting how you two are like total opposites of each other."

I stretch my neck, "Yeah, but one is crazier than the other, trust me."

"I see. I'm Kiko Irahara. I sit in the front of the room.":

I nod, then two other girls from the same group come up to me. One of them looked like she was from a rich family and the other was shy-like.

The rich looking one walked up first, "It's a pleasure to meet you Clover, I'm Ivy Morishta, first daughter of the Morishta family."

"I'm Katsumi Shimazu. I-It's a pleasure meeting me- I MEAN meeting you too."

I do a small chuckle. "It's a pleasure meeting the both of you two, but I would say, duck."

"Hm?"

As soon as I say that, I hear multiple footsteps coming towards me quickly. I point in that direction.

Yuki grabs me and hisses.

"Yuki!" Kiko says.

"Told you."

"You can't take my brother away from me!" It took her a while to realize what she's doing. "Oh my, I'm sorry! I'm just overprotective of Clover."

"I can tell," Kiko chuckles.

"So who's older?" Katsumi asks.

"I am!" Yuki says.

I scoff. "By 2 minutes."

The girls chuckle.

"So what I can see," Katsumi analyzes, "Clover is the more solem, careless, and quiet one, while Yuki is the uptight, upbeat and overprotective twin."

"Sounds about right."

Man, can I please just be left alone now? I'm almost in chapter 5... I want to know how to summon a demon now...

It took a second before the lunch bell rang and we all started packing up. Finally, I get some peace and quiet for now...I heard physical education was next. Great...I'm not what you call fit, I'm average if anything. I'll just do what I always do. Stay in the back, but don't be the worst.