Chapter 1- "As I dropped my churro on the floor"

-Present-

-Present-

Waking up late has always been a habit of mine. A concerning one at that. The last week of summer was no exception to this. Waking up at 12 every day was a blessing.A blessing I only got during holidays. After multiple attempts at keeping my eyes open, so that I could finally wake up, a headache came rushing in. I struggled to get up and drag myself to the washroom. I halted near my mirror and stared right into my soul. I should be getting a prize for looking this messed up when I wake up.

Dark eye bags shadowing my dark brown eyes, my brown hair a mess and my makeup smeared from the party last night. It's become my routine now; being a complete mess. Plopping an Advil into my mouth, I started fixing my hair and headed towards my kitchen. I wasn't stunned to see my parent's disappointed glances over my current state. How am I to blame them? I am a mess.

Making my way towards the fridge so I can pour myself a glass of juice, my sister walked in.

My perfect elder sister, the parent's favourite. It's not like they don't love me, they just wished I was like my sister. The perfect scholarship, the perfect university and so on. Swearing under my breath, I started counting down from 5. Sure enough, as soon as I reached 0, my parents started on with their usual lecture on how I should be more like my sister. She's perfect.

The pressure would be so much less and maybe then I wouldn't be drinking it all out. It's all they talk to me about over the last 2 years. All they talked to me about is how they're disappointed in me and wished I stopped throwing my life away. Easy for them to say. They're just the spectators in my life. After whipping myself up a sensible breakfast, I went back to my hellhole to get ready. After all, it's just another day isn't it? The same old mess.

I checked my phone for the first time since I woke up and holy shit, was it blasting. My drunk self had done something stupid, again. I stuffed my sandwich and opened the texts from Aria, the only person who genuinely still wants to talk to me. Shocker to say the least. It's mostly texts to ask if I'm up and how's my headache and if I want to meet up later at the local amusement park. I agreed, of course, to get out of my home for a while.

After spending almost an hour and a half showering and making myself look a tad bit more alive I decided to go simple with blue denim skirt and a cherry white cardigan with my hair up. I decided to head out.

Aria picked me up and we both headed towards the amusement park, and we got in

Aria picked me up and we both headed towards the amusement park, and we got in. On our way in we saw 2 girls both equally lost trying to find their way around. Aria and I have been here a few times but we stopped coming here as well, mostly me. We decided to help them out and hang out with them.

They both were friendly, to say the least, one of them had black hair with highlights her name was Madison and the other, strawberry blonde her name was Amyra. Eventually, all 4 of us got along with each other. They were twins which explained the same sea-green eyes they had. They were from LA and shifted to our neighbourhood recently. 

They're in our school as well which is good I suppose, considering the only people or person I talk to now is Aria. It was going well, Madison and Amyra both were sweet and bought us food as well for helping them out.

It was genuinely a blast hanging out with them, I don't remember the last time I smiled or laughed so much. The girls were having a blast too as Aria and I told them stories over the years. They told us stories about them in LA as well. They had a younger brother too, an apparent cutie, they showed pics.

We went on several rides, and had a concerning amount of sweets ranging from cotton candy to funnel cakes. Corn Dogs too.

But of course all good things have an end. The universe in itself decided to introduce hell to me. I saw him. I was sure I mistook him considering it's been 2 years now. 2 years 5 months to be exact.

I realised it was him when I noticed Rowan next to him. Aria, Madison and Amyra watched as I dropped my churro on the floor. Finally, Aria too turned towards the cause of my sudden shock and realisation flickered in her eyes. I watched as it went from realisation to concern with a slight shine of happiness and sadness as she turned back towards me. My brain took a while to process the sight in front of me so I could feel something or do something. I had to pinch myself to make sure it wasn't a hallucination. I wanted to run. Run straight into his arms and give him a hug. Hit him for leaving.

I eventually decided to avoid it all and just walk away from there before he or Rowan noticed. I didn't want to be there anymore, I wanted to go back home and forget about this entire ordeal or anything to get far away from here. Before leaving however our eyes met. His eyes are so pretty and grey. I missed those grey eyes.

He just stared at me stunned for 5 minutes. He tried running to me but I ran. Ran straight out and away because I don't think I'd be able to look at him. Aria and I exchanged numbers with Madison and Amyra and promised to hang out later and we headed back. As soon as we reached my place, Aria was hesitant to let me go alone but I told her I needed some time for myself and my brain which is a logical and emotional mess right now. It took her some time to agree, I managed to bribe her with ice cream the day after and she left.

A/n. So I decided I'm gonna be re-editing the entire book. Please bare with me. Anywhoo, new readers welcome~ I tried adding words but I think the longest my chapter will get is 1500 words. I know pretty less but it's the most I can do. I'd love to know all your views on the first chapter and what you guys think of dear Pops. Don't be shy show her some love too :))) 

Anyways, thank you for giving this wackass of a book a chance, I genuinely appreciate it :)

Vote, Comment, Share :)

-With love, yours truly.