Episode 4: The Survivors part 5

The heroes are all in the lobby, waiting. Sae and Jason then look at the computer by the desk. They both look at it, and walk over to it. Sae turns it on, and they all look at it. It shows a map of the exhibit. The system also has security cameras down in the rotunda. Jason smiles, knowing that he can watch the others on the cameras. He clicks on the system, and it shows footage that is going on down below. He calls everyone over, and they all look at the computer as Jason puts it on full screen. They also hear Dr. Sorkin talking. 

Laura on computer: I want to speak with Hammond. No, this can't wait. Can you connect me to Mr. Maquire? Or, no! Peter Ludlow? Please hurry.

Jason zooms out, and he sees the others on screen now. He also sees Dr. Sorkin in the control room, talking on the phone, meaning she got the phones working now. 

Laura on computer: No, Look. This is Dr. Laura Sorkin. I'm an employee of the park. I'm still on the island. Get me somebody.

Jason: Oh, man. I have a bad feeling about this.

Sora: Me too.

Donald: Me three.

Laura on computer: (Talking on phone) Mr. Parker, I do not need rescuing. I do not want the bombing "waylayed." I want it stopped. What? It is not contaminated. This is a wildlife preserve. These animals are not diseased! They are extremely endangered! You're not listening to me! 

Jason watches his father try to open the door to the control room, but he sees that it's locked. His sister then walks to the glass of the control room, and taps on it, trying to get Dr. Sorkin's attention. She sees her, but then looks away while still talking on the phone. Jess then walks to what looks like an intercom. She shows Gerry, and he walks up to it. He pushes the button. 

Gerry on computer: Laura. It's me, Gerry. Laura?

Laura on computer: Gerry. I hear you. I'm glad you are here. This is going to be a lot easier now. 

Gerry on computer: What have you been doing?

Laura on computer: We are going to stop the bombing, Gerry. This island must be preserved. 

The heroes watch as Dr. Sorkin walks to a computer in the control room. She types on it, and from another camera, they're shocked to see her sealing off the elevator, trapping them in there. 

Laura on computer: (Talking on phone) I have taken the remaining survivors hostage. There are four others. Three Americans, and one Costa Rican. The other survivors are all upstairs, but they're taken too. I won't let them go unless the plans to bomb the island are completely rescinded. 

Jason: WHAT?!

Heroes: WHAT?!

Gerry on computer: You have no right to hold us like this! 

Laura on computer: 'Rights" are a just an ideological construct.

Gerry on computer: Don't turn this into a philosophy debate. 

Laura on computer: What rights do the dinosaurs have? Don't they have the right to survive? Do their rights outweigh any of ours? 

Gerry on computer: It's not our rights versus theirs. Our dinosaurs are phantoms, majestic as they may be, ALIVE as they may be. We brought them into a world that is no longer prepared for them, and we have a responsibility to keep them isolated and under reign for the safety of our ecosystem. It's not RIGHTS, it's RESPONSIBILITY. 

Laura on computer: And we have a responsibilty to preserve our creations and allow them a chance to survive on their own terms. 

Momo: This is getting out of control. We've got to do something. Sae, try to get the elevator open for them from here.