Episode 1: The Intruder part 5

The jeep exits out of a tunnel, and drives by a shed. Gerry looks at Nima, who is still unconscious. Dwayne watches them.

Jess: How is she doing?

Gerry: Well, she's okay, for now. But this toxin alteration just doesn't make sense...maybe some of the dinosaurs are eating poisonous plants...

Jess: (Looks ahead) Dad...dad...

Jason looks ahead, and his eyes widen. Jess stops the jeep.

Gerry: Jess? Why are we stopping?

Jason: Dad, look...

They all look ahead, and there, in the road, is a little triceratops. She's eating a plant branch in the road. Everyone watches her. 

Dwayne: Wow...

Jess: She's beautiful. "She", right? 

Gerry: Right...well we're lucky this young one's by herself. Wouldn't want to meet the Alpha out here. Lady Margaret, she's uh...pretty protective. We've discovered that family groups emerge even without the usual genetic relationships. Young Triceratops join the family the moment they-

Jess: Dad...you're ruining it.

Gerry: Right, sorry. This little one's name is Bakhita. What is she doing way out here?

Gerry hands Nima to Dwayne. He gets out of the jeep, and walks to the dino. 

Gerry: I've gotta get this critter back in her enclosure. I'll just be a sec, wait here. 

Jess: Yeah. (Looks at Jason) Oh, this is so cool...

Jason: Tell me about it. I've been wanting to see them up close for a while. 

Gerry walks up to the Triceratops slowly. It then looks at him.

Gerry: Easy, girl...(Looks at the tree branch) Musa Callimusa, huh? You really love this stuff, don't ya? 

Gerry then looks around. He then walks to the gate to check it. He tries to close it, but it wouldn't move. Jess and Jason get out of the car to check the dino. 

Jess: What's wrong with the gate?

Gerry: It's locked in the open position. There should be a manual release in the shed, but-

He turns around, and sees his kids by the Triceratops, petting it gently.

Gerry: Didn't I say to wait in the car? 

Jess: It's no big deal. See? (Pets it) We're all right, we're fine, right? 

Jason smiles as he pets its head. Gerry smiles at his kids, and walks to them.

Gerry: She's pretty cute, huh? 

Jess: She's warm! I didn't think that she'd be so warm! 

Bakhita shorts a little, making Jess back away a little, but Jason pets her head gently to calm her down. 

Gerry: She's ok, she's all right. She's just getting to know you. Right Bakhita? 

Bakhita shorts again as she looks at Jess and Jason. 

Jess: Ok...

Jason: (Sighs, then feels something) Oh, shoot. Dad, I'll be right back. I need to go pee real quick. 

Gerry: Where at though? 

Jason: (Points ahead) There, by that tunnel, there's a long tree. I'll just go over there, and do my business. I'll be okay. 

Gerry: (Sighs) Alright, but come back as soon as you're done. But if you hear anything, and I mean anything, don't think. Just run back here. 

Jason: I will.