Chapter 48 - I'm your executor

A/N: So sleepy... I don't even know what I'm editing anymore...

XG 48 - I'm your executor

Sitting on a couch facing the TV was a dazed Wong Xue Guo clutching onto her phone. The TV only has a few channels available, with ASTRO unable to be connected. Most of the channel was now displaying an old interview with the Prime Minister about the human rabies case.

But she was not paying attention to whatever was shown on TV and instead, fully occupied with her own thoughts.

Why was it that she still feels stressed when she no longer needs to be in command?

Although her father had unceremoniously kicked Lok Hui Man out before dinner officially started, the memory of it still shocked her. Sure, they would not be staying at Penang Island for long, but was it okay to offend the party leader this early?

Her father does not need a backup plan in case they need to stay here longer... or permanently?

She could see Lok Hui Man was also shocked by her father's thorny and dismissive words. But instead of being offended, she politely left with her half-eaten chicken, unknown what she was really thinking.

Wong Xue Guo just hoped Madam Lok was not thinking about revenge. She would not know which side would win if they really became enemies.

"Are you sleepy?" Seated beside the out-of-it Wong Xue Guo was Chen Yibo, the only person other than her in the room.

"...Kinda. But I'm not going to sleep yet. Let's finish the night run first." She was also waiting for her mother's reply.

Other than Vihaan and Kim Sung-Ho, her mother had also picked an additional guy from the hospital that insisted on tagging along with them.

As for the hospital, the plan to bomb the building was postponed and never to be heard again when there were more and more zombies popping out here and there. The military literally had no time to rest.

The group managed to get a car and drove straight to Penang Island, which only needed a three to four hours' road trip if it was a normal day. But reality does not usually go according to the plan, just like their case. Suzie Yap had told Wong Xue Guo that the trip would have to be extended again, to allow Vihaan to get used to his new, dangerous ability first.

Despite the worry that her mother will be exposed to danger the longer she stayed outside, she was indeed relieved that her mother's safety will increase with the help of the bodyguards and Vihaan.

Wong Xue Guo lazed around on the couch until it was time to do their night run.

By the time the duo finished their night jogging, Wong Xue Guo felt as if her legs were soft spaghetti now. The tiredness did not stop her from feeling quite proud of herself to have increased one lap from the original target.

While she feels as if her body no longer belongs to her, Chen Yibo does not look overly messed up. He was sweating and his breathing was heavier than normal, but one would think he was shooting a sports commercial with how photogenic he was.

She ignored Kang Xunsu who coincidentally happened to pass by them during his patrol and pretended she did not hear his laughter when he saw her messy state.

After chunking down her bottle of water and taking a bit of rest, they make their way back into the house, only to be stopped by Kiat who was blocking their path with guarded eyes.

There may be a feeling of pity for him, but Wong Xue Guo still ditched her relaxed expression before the pair of hostile eyes.

"Is there something you need?" Chen Yibo asked his tone unconsciously a little softer towards the young kid.