Chapter 67 - Aren't we thieves now?

XG 67 - Aren't we thieves now?

"There's one at two o'clock," L.L. reported and everyone's eyes went in that direction and gripped their weapon in ready.

"Ignore it," Kang Xunsu said. "We will only start hunting once we are prepared with L.L. on the watch out."

The lone zombie might be tempting to kill, but who knows how many were out of sight but were actually close by? Their first hunt should be in a safer environment.

They reached the small town without killing any zombies along the way. The sight that entered Wong Xue Guo's eyes was so similar to the apocalypse movie scene of an abandoned town that she shivered uncomfortably.

"Right, let's go to the supermarket first. Supplies gathering is our first priority," Kang Xunsu announced.

No one in the right mind would argue with that.

The supermarket from Kang Xunsu's mouth was actually a one-floor mini-market where three shop lots were combined into one. Inside was a mess, with the display shelves were mostly swept clean. From outside, they could see that the food section was nearly empty, while the household was only half taken away.

With binoculars, Kang Xunsu looked around from the shotgun seat. "No one will be going around alone. Go by doubles. Ash, you are with me. L.L, you take Sung-Ho. Yibo, the little princess is in your hands."

"Thanks, I feel protected," Ash sighed gratefully. Among their group, Kang Xunsu's muscles and tough-looking face would have anyone immediately believe he was the strongest if one only judged by looks alone.

But of course, Kang Xunsu was dependable under his tough facade too.

Armed with her sword and surgical mask, Wong Xue Guo and the others got out of the car, their eyes looking around for any dangers. Chen Yibo had also worn a surgical mask like her and they were both safe from the smell lingering around the place. The mask could not block most of the bloody, decaying smell, but at least they would not be forced to puke like Ash does.

Even the green-faced Kim Sung-Ho eyed their surgical masks longingly. In the end, two masked people become four. Kang Xunsu and L.L. refused the masks and fought to get used to the smell.

While it was good that they did not encounter zombies, Wong Xue Guo still has to ponder where they were. Did they leave for a greener place or something?

Kang Xunsu will take the front, and as his partner, Ash had to follow his back. L.L. will secure their rear, with Kim Sung-Ho before him, leaving the rest in the middle. The door to the mini-market was already wide open, so they just needed to step in without trouble.

"Someone is behind the cashier!" Ash whispered to Kang Xunsu urgently. He would have grabbed Kang Xunsu's sleeve and swung hard if they were not holding onto their weapons.

"I can see that." Kang Xunsu raised an eyebrow at how funny the zombie was.

From the clothing and hair, he could guess it was a female. She was tied onto the chair, unable to leave easily as the chair does not have the roller. The female zombie literally has shed most of her flesh, with only flabby skin covering her skeleton and it looked beyond creepy. She was not moving, her head drooping downwards and none of them knew if it was still alive or not.

They did not spot any other zombie in the shop other than the one behind the cashier.

"Its heart is still beating," Kang Xunsu warned.

"A trap?" Ash whispered.

"Too sloppy to be a trap."

"A bait?"