Chapter 20 - My mother's new filters are too thick!

XG 20 - My mother's new filters are too thick!

Gazing straight into Suzie Yap's eyes, Nurul Hanani knew she was confident with her words. She had spoken in an upfront manner that this was a 50-50 chance and did not sugarcoat her words. The final decision lies in herself to make.

Nurul Hanani prayed first before nodding, accepting the only chance of survival. She could already sense her hunger growing stronger, and she could not survive by eating non-stop.

She had already been bitten once. One more time won't be much different!

Suzie Yap's smile was much more appreciative towards this brave and steady girl. "Be confident that you will succeed."

She remembered that this girl had not survived in the past, and became a zombie along with her daughter.

Dislocating the zombie's jaw was so it would not eat Nurul Hanani's flesh and allowed its bite to be controlled. Suzie Yap chose to grab its head with her hands to control its movement and used her body weight to hold it down to the ground. Her normal practice was grabbing a person's hair, but these failures without enough vitality will have their hair turned white before falling off from its root.

Nurul Hanani stared with wide eyes instead of avoiding the sight when Suzie Yap pressed the zombie's head closer. This was different from having an injection where you can look away without worries.

"We shall start now," was the only warning Suzie Yap gave before piercing the row of upper teeth into the injured spot. "Hold still!"

Gritting her teeth in pain, Nurul Hanani held herself still and tried to ignore the instinct to pull away. Her heart thumped fiercely as she watched the teeth sink deeper into the flesh.

"So deep?" Nurul Hanani gasped, her sight similar to a bad reception TV. She tightened her fist, stopping herself from fainting, and tried her best to remember Suzie Yap's instruction. The only thing she could do to elevate the pain was scratch the tile on the ground and gasp heavily.

Suzie Yap calmly pressed the bite deeper. "The bite needs to reach your bone."

"Why-" Nurul Hanani coughed and struggled to stop it to avoid her body moving. Her struggles caused cold sweat to emerge, wetting the back of her clothes quickly. Her increasingly dry throat made it harder to endure, including her complaining stomach that demands nutrients.

All the food she ate was gone in her as if she had not eaten anything in the first place.

"Do you feel anything?"

Nurul Hanani struggled to keep her mind straight, shaking her head to push away the fog clouding her thoughts. "Hun...gry..."

"Not yet," Suzie Yap mumbled and watched as Nurul Hanani looked worse with the flesh on her cheeks starting to shrunken even further. With a frown, she said, "I will need to offend you by removing your tudung."

With quick hands, Suzie Yap unfasten the safety pin and removed the tudung from Nurul Hanani, revealing her hair tied in a low ponytail that was rapidly turning white.

Suzie Yap's eyes flashed half worried and half joy, before accurately breaking the zombie's spine with her strong knee and paralysing it. With one of her hands now free to move, she forced Nurul Hanani to continue eating from the snack bag.

"Immediately tell me if you start feeling something else aside from pain, tiredness, and hunger. Then we can finally pull the zombie away."

Suzie Yap's words renewed Nurul Hanani's flickering determination. Her hunger does not abide even after eating plenty of snacks, but she did not stop. Something told her she would be in danger if she stops eating now.