Chapter 61 - Ash, how old are you?

XG 61 - Ash, how old are you?

It was not fun with only two of them, so they went to invite Kim Sung-Ho, who agreed. Hearing their invitation, Ash decided to come along with a friendly smile.

As someone with a scarily thin body and white hair, Vihaan declined the offer. He had already scared quite a number of people in the laboratory in less than a day. He was also quite tired of diffusing people's fear and does not want Kim Sung-Ho to explain on his behalf again and again.

From Chen Yibo's explanation and guide, they discovered that the laboratory has eighteen floors, with five floors built above the ground. The rest was hidden underground. The sleeping quarters were in another building beside the laboratory, both buildings linked by a short bridge. The other buildings were either used as storage rooms to keep ingredients, medicines and records of their research.

Wong Xue Guo was a little curious whether the government had known about the underground floors.

As the underground floors were not authorized for their visit, they just visited the floors above ground. Chen Yibo just did a rough introduction around the laboratory and the group did not linger around to avoid blocking other people's paths.

"Can I call you Sung-Ho?" Wong Xue Guo asked Kim Sung-Ho as they wandered around the barn. She was not really interested in animals or their smells, but since Chen Yiwen had told Chen Yibo to introduce it to her, they dared not skip it.

When Kim Sung-Ho nodded, she proceeded to ask, "Can I ask about your trip with my mother to Penang Island? She did not tell me anything other than you all being safe."

The concern in her tone and eyes worked well to charm Kim Sung-Ho to share what he knew. Even Ash also offers his experience willingly.

"What a cruel method!"

Not only was Chen Yibo angry, but Wong Xue Guo was as well. They had already known from Suzie Yap that the virus was man-made, but they were not exactly aware of how the virus would start from an area.

There were wild guesses such as throwing an infected person into a populated area. But they had never thought the bad guys would be injecting the gene into an innocent person to spread the infection. It was much worse than they thought.

"I completely suspect this virus is created by a stronghold country to destroy other countries," Ash shared his suspicions with a profound expression. "Those people purposely choose the most populated places to start the virus attack, to make sure no one could contain it in time. After the virus spreads further and further until the world goes into panic, the mastermind will finally come out with a cure in exchange for a price."

"Ash, how old are you?" Wong Xue Guo suddenly asked an irrelevant question.

"I'm twenty. Why?"

"I'm just curious if I guessed right, with how young you look. It's actually a little surprise that you are actually two years older than Yibo and me."

Chen Yibo could spot she was lying, but unknown for what reason. But he suspected that it was something to do with Ash's guess about the origin of the virus.

Rationally, it was too risky for the mastermind to use such a deadly virus to topple other countries because it could bite them in return. For them to heartlessly sacrifice millions of innocent people to the deadly virus, it was only logical that their plan would be full of sinister intent instead of greed.

It would be another thing to consider if those fools did not think the virus would become this deadly, but that possibility was struck out from the list when those masterminds did not stop the spreading even after knowing how deadly it was.