Chapter 148 - Both of them were daughters of Moretti

XG 148 - Both of them were daughters of Moretti

Surprisingly, the number of survivors in Zinnia country was only slightly more than in other countries. Zinnia country reportedly has the most people with weapons as the rule of civilians not allowed carrying firearms was rather lax, which means most of them have the ability to protect themselves.

However, reality proved that not everyone knew how to use their deadly weapon well.

But that sentence does not include the large mafia clans in Zinnia. There were many large clans that survived well, with a good chain of command and plentiful weapons to protect themselves.

It was only half an hour ago that the previously prestigious and noble mansion that belonged to one of the most influential clans was completely wrecked with metal poles the size of streetlights impaled all over the place. Guns and a large number of men could never hold up against a man with a powerful supernatural ability.

Ta Kei pushed up his glasses as he stared fixedly at his laptop screen, which was displaying the live session of what was going on inside Moretti's mansion with his flying drone. As the situation had more or less calmed down and reaching the climax, he finally released his grip on the drone controller to massage his aching fingers.

His family's boss was truly fierce with his ability, controlling every metal he could reach, twisting their shape into sharp poles and ruthlessly damaging the Moretti's property into shambles. It would have been an enjoyable scene if Ta Kei was not forced to focus all his attention on controlling his drone to dodge every incoming metal pole.

With a gun pointing at her forehead, the woman in a revealing black dress holds up her hands to show she was unarmed. "My mother was told to attack your laboratory, to stop you from messing with their plans. You have already killed her and everyone involved in this place. I have no plans to get your way and there's no need to kill me."

"I prefer having no loose ends."

Suzie Yap's half-sister backed up until her naked back hit the bloody wall when the gun continue to apply pressure on her forehead. "I gave my word that I will not do anything to you."

"Does your word mean anything?" Suzie Yap mocked. "Tell me everything you know about those people that your dearest mother colluded with."

"How could I possibly know anything about them? It's only my mother that deals with them, not allowing me to meet them at all. Their arrival is always done secretly and without anyone knowing other than my mother and her secretary. You killed them, the people that know those people."

"You don't know?" Suzie Yap shot her left leg and watched indifferently as her half-sister crumbled to the floor, clutching her bleeding leg with a twisted expression. "You are really good with pillow talk, so your lover should have told you many things."

Alice Moretti clenched her teeth so that no scream would escape her mouth, which was the only thing she could do to preserve her remaining dignity. Towards this half-sister that was nine years older than her, there was no familial love, as her mother had long told her that Suzanne Moretti was only a hindrance to them for getting what they deserved.

Both of them were daughters of Moretti, with an equal chance to compete for leadership. So why would Suzanne Moretti be favoured by their father to be the next head? Just because she was older? Or being his child with his first wife?

It was only after Suzanne fled from Zinnia country did Alice was exposed to the pressure of being the next head without much time to bask in the glory. Her mother may be helping her, but she was not knowledgeable in controlling a large mafia clan or able to take lead in forming successful dealings with slippery people. They were just cheated by Diego, her father's trusted partner, who viewed the mother and daughter as an easy target than Suzanne when it comes to taking over the Moretti clan from their hands.