One Second Changes Everything

Hi! I know it's been a while. My dad sucks like that ig.

School sucks too. Sorry I've been busy and Blood on Her Hands is just barley getting started with it's new chapter.

So I need to post something soon or I'm gonna lose my mind.

As you can see I'm Struggling Sorry abt that dudes.

}•{

May watched the screen carefully. Everything was in black and white. A woman stood there, staring at what was a mirror, but now only showed a black and white reflection of her. Her fingers tightened around the needle as she adjusted the gears in her eye.

"It's her eye- she's the camera." May remarked as she took a step closer towards the screen. None of the team members look away. Especially Coulson. His eyes were wide with concern and horror.

"It switches to backscatter when she closes her eyes." Fitz explained. Jemma eyed him carefully before returning her eyes to the screen.

"You're a robot." Skye mumbled as she turned to look at Ward. "Can you do that?" She deadpanned. Ward looked down at the young woman. His eyes narrowed as he looked away. His eyes landed on Fitz.

"Who has tech like this?"

"We don't- not like this."  Fitz replied as he gestured to the big screen. Coulson whipped around to face his team. His facial expression never changed. May's eyes fluttered away from the screen to meet Coulson's worried gaze. She couldn't help feel bad for his situation.

"Not this small or internal. That's at least a decade ahead of anything I've seen." May looked back at Fitz for a moment before looking back up at the screen. Her mind couldn't exactly process how any of this was possible, but she kept her mouth shut. All she knew was that this woman was dangerous and she needed to be taken out.

"Though now that I've seen it.." Fitz began again. "I could maybe approximate it- the backscatter X-RAY a micro-transceiver that somehow doesn't fry her brain." Fitz looked at Jemma who nodded knowingly. She was the only one who understood what he was talking about.  "An internal power source..." Fitz trailed off.

"All miniaturized honestly it's.."  Jemma shrugged and turned to look back at the team.

"That's Genius." FitzSimmons told them simultaneously.

"We have to bring her in.." Coulson murmured urgently. May's eyes widened slightly at Coulson's desperation. This girl was dangerous, she knew all too well what would happen if Coulson's judgement was compromised.

"We have to take her out- she's a weapon." May countered quickly. Skye and Ward eyed May carefully. Coulson however couldn't turn around. He wouldn't. "I'll contact HQ. See if we can bring in a task force to help us." She went on as she went to turn around.

Coulson quickly whipped his head around to stop her.

"Our team can handle this." He assured. His tone was sturdy but May could see the anxiety in his eyes that he was trying to hide. May let out a sigh and stared at Coulson for a moment. Skye looked down awkwardly, no one dared to say a word. Coulson turned back around to face Akela. He pressed his lips together to form a thin line.

May locked her jaw as she made her way towards Coulson. She couldn't help but feel a small tinge of remorse for him. Though she knew he was speaking from his heart and not his head.

May carefully rounded the table as FitzSimmons moved out of her way.

"I get it.." May mumbled as she made her way to stand behind Coulson. "You feel responsible. Maybe you pushed her too hard.." Coulson turned back to stare at May. His eyes softened with hurt at her words. "But she tried to kill three members of our team." She reminded. Her tone was plain but her words were reason enough.