How miserable

Pulling up to Nate and Brooke's house, I shut the car off and headed inside to see if Brooke was ready for school yet. I checked my phone to make sure that I was on time and not too early nor late. "Brooke? Are you ready to go?" I called from the front door. I heard banging and racket from upstairs then Brooke's voice called down, 

"Yeah! Hang on!" I chuckled as I jogged upstairs. More banging broke air from her room, so I knocked before making an appearance, to make sure that it was clear. "Come in." I pushed the door open to see Brooke in her bathroom with a straightener caught in her hair; did she not know how to use one of them? I struggled to not laugh at her as I went over to her and asked if she needed some help. "Please," she whimpered quietly. I chuckled at that and sat her on the toilet and unplugged the cord before working on her hair. It was a lot tougher to get out than it looked,

"How the heck did you get it this caught?" I asked as I debated which way to released some of her hair from the straightener. 

She sighed as she looked in the mirror at me that was on the wall behind the toilet, "I have no idea....I was just straightening it, then it got caught on something, when I tried to fix it, it just got worse." I smiled and continued to free her hair from the mess. She winced when I slightly pulled at her hair, 

"Sorry, I'm trying my best." I went quiet again, focusing on the ways to get her hair out of the seemingly painful state that it was in. She was going to have a fun time, getting the tangles out. It was terrible, I actually felt very bad for her. "After I get this thing out, we might have to cut your hair off, parts of it at least, then once we get your cut hair untangled, then we can glue it back on with a glue stick." She laughed quietly at my joke and I had to join in with her. 

"Ouch..." She whispered. I clenched my teeth tightly as I tried harder to be careful on her hair. 

I was starting to get more and more of her hair out and it was pretty easy, but the last part I had absolutely no clue on how she could possibly get it that tangled, it was knotted so badly that I would have to cut it. I sighed and closed my eyes for a few seconds, "Hon, we are going to have to cut your hair." She looked at the straightener in my hand with her hair knotted in the clamping part of it, it wasn't that much hair, but it wasn't just a few strands either. I don't think that once I cut it, that it would be noticeable though, so she should be fine.

"Okay. They're on the top shelf." I handed her the painful clamp thing and searched through the cupboard to find the scissors, taking them out, I had her hold the straightener away from her head so I could cut as close to the device as possible without making a bunch of her hair stay in the straightener. With one snip, the device was released and her hair was free, but was knotted pretty badly....crap. "Jordan?"

"Yeah?" I asked staring at her hair still.

"Could you maybe brush my hair for me?" I looked at her through the mirror then,

"Umm. Sure?" I took the brush out of her cabinet and started on the most ratted part of her hair and softly brushed through it, releasing as much tension as possible. Once that part of her hair was soft and silky like her untangled hair, I smiled and moved towards the least tangled part and brushed through that too. "All done." 

"Thanks Jordan." I nodded and patted her shoulder, "I'm ready to go." I nodded again and walked out of the bathroom so she could follow me out to my car. 

On the way to the school, it was mainly quiet, but we occasionally had small conversations, "Hey, Brooke..."

She looked over at me from the window and mumbled, "Yeah?"

"Um, don't date anyone for awhile...okay?" She raised an eyebrow in confusion and questioned,

"Why?"