Last present

Nate looked at me weirdly as I approached him and I answered without his question even leaving his mouth, "No need to worry about her getting a boyfriend." I received another questioning look from Nate so I again answered, "She doesn't like that Benny kid."

"She likes someone though right?" I nodded as I took a drink from my pop glass, "Who is it?" I just looked over at him beside me. His eyes slightly widened at me when he said, "You?" I just nodded again as I looked over towards the pool table where Brooke continued with her pool game with her friends. "You two aren't dating now are you?" I raised an eyebrow at him for a seconds,

"No." I drew out before continuing, "I don't want to make her sad by rejecting her though."

Nate dragged in a deep breath as he looked over at me, who was watching the group play cut-throat, "Jordan, you're too old for her."

"That's what I told her."

"And you better keep it that way." I raised my eyebrow at him,

"What's the big deal?"

"She's my little sister for one, and she's too young for you. You're almost twenty and she's only a freshman!" He hissed quietly, I didn't really understand why he was getting so defensive about it, I told his sister that we couldn't so he should be happy for that much. Although, I did understand where he was coming from, he just didn't want me to hurt her....which....I kind of already did, but they didn't know it. Nate would kill me if he knew, heck, he'd probably kill me if I even told him that we've kissed. But why was he being such a big brother now? Especially when it has to do with me? I've done more than take care of her, and what has he done to show her his love?

"I know she's a freshman....and I know that I'm almost twenty, but what's it matter that she's your sister? Your girlfriend is someone's younger sister, her brother didn't chew your head off. And I already told you that I turned her down so stop worrying." I turned my eyes back at the pool table after glancing at Nate for a few seconds, "Besides, why is it now that you're getting all protective? Just because you found out that it's me who she likes?" I put emphasis on 'me'. I could tell by Nate's silence that he wasn't sure how to answer all of that, and that is because I come from a family that are pretty good at arguing and we don't give up until we win. "I've been taking care of her for years and you just now notice? Wouldn't shock me though, knowing that you haven't been there much for her in the past five years that I have." With that I walked away, deciding that I wasn't going to get into with him and start a potential fight with him especially since it was Brooke's party and I didn't want to ruin her sweet sixteen.

When I walked into the kitchen, Brooke's mom waved at me as she filled the chip bowl back up, Jay, Brooke's dad was standing at the grill right outside the door, cooking something that smelled amazing, my guess was shishcabobs. "Hey, hon, how is the party so far?" She asked, her and Jay always thought of me as family, I've been around for nearly my whole life so I guess I kind of was family.

"It's amazing, couldn't have been better," she motioned me over to her behind the counter and spoke in a hushed voice,

"We got Brooke a car, but we weren't sure how to get it here so I was wondering if you could go pick it up with her." I looked at her with a smile,

"What kind?" I had to know, I loved cars and I knew that her and Jay would have to of had bought her a nice car on the fact that they have a lot of money from their high paying jobs.

"Oh you and your cars. You'll have to ask Jay about that, I don't know much about cars, but I know that she'll like it." I nodded and headed towards Jay as he stood outside grilling, yeah I guessed it, shishkabobs.

"Hey son, here are the keys to her car. It's a 2011 Dodge Viper SRT 10." My mouth slightly gaped open, that was one heck of a car. I've always wanted a viper, but they were expensive.