Fit Me Best

I stood in front of my mirror. Stressed, and nervous, as usual when I offered to take Brooke on a date. The only thing that's different? This was more serious. It's not just a date. Sure a date was incorporated, but it was so much more than a simple date. I ran a hand through my hair once more and pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration. Calm down, Jordan. I smoothed out the red vest top that I was wearing before pulling on the black jacket and buttoning it up. I went into the bathroom and put a tiny bit of gel on my hand and brushed my fingers through my hair to keep it back. I didn't want my hair to be the same every time. Brooke always had a new style. Why shouldn't I? I took my After Shake and sprayed myself with it before going over to my phone and checking the time. 7:50 p.m. I had ten minutes left and I knew that it'd feel like ten hours instead. I was ready and I didn't know how to pass the time quicker. I looked myself over in the mirror once more then slightly smiled.

It had been a few months since I had told Brooke about my mistake and also a month since Jay almost killed me. My ribs had healed, thankfully. I hated thinking about it. Not about my pain, but the pain that I put Brooke through. I hated myself for doing that and I'm the luckiest guy on Earth for her to have forgiven me after all that. It took Brooke awhile to fully trust me again, but she hadn't forgotten that I'd always be there for her.

I waited a few more minutes before heading out towards Brooke's house. The flower corsage that I had customized was sitting on the passenger seat in a little clear plastic container. It was a red rose with frosted Baby's Breath and silver lining around the rosé petals. Silver swirls were sticking out around the flower as well, it was very pretty and I knew that Brooke would love it.

Thinking of Brooke, I still had no idea what her dress looked like . . . She refused to let me see her in it, or it at all before today. I was nervous for some reason. I knew she would look beautiful, I don't even know why I was scared in the first place.

I slowly pulled up to Brooke's house and turned the car off, taking in a shaky deep breath, I released it more easily. Stepping out of the car, I made my way up to the house. I knocked on the door a few times and waited until Annie opened the door, smiling at me as she stepped aside to let me in. "Why hello, Jordan! Brooke's up in her room, she should be ready in a few minutes." I nodded politely at her and hung around in the kitchen for the remaining time that Brooke needed to get ready. The parents had split options about me, Brooke's mom was okay with me, thinking it was very sweet of me to write her the very short note and still take care of her even when she down right hated me. Her dad on the other hand still didn't trust me, and didn't agree with his daughter to continue on seeing me after the whole mess. Nate, I wasn't quite sure. He hasn't really made a move on talking to me about it. I hadn't really seen him around lately to tell the truth. I ran my finger across the smooth plastic of the corsage's container as I thought deeply about everything.

I heard ticking a few feet away and I looked up to see a beautiful girl walking nervously towards me. Her dress . . . Oh her dress. It was red, matching my vest top that was underneath the black tux jacket. And the silk napkin thing, sticking out a bit from my chest pocket. Around the waist and chest of the dress had a few areas of silver gems embedded in a gashed design. Starting from the mid-thigh was a slit by the right side of her, running down the length of the dress, where her leg was able to show when she walked. I saw the source of the clicking; her heels. They matched her dress in red, but I noticed that on the side, there was a small line for a zipper, and the another longer one over the top of her for foot. The pumps were very nice and pretty. Her hair was done differently like every other time we went out. Her hair was in a fashion of ringlets, all in a tie at the side of her head. A single ringlet on the other side of her face stood independently. As she got a bit closer; away from the stairs, I saw that she was wearing make-up. Her light red eye shadow had made her blue eyes stand out, and she had a light tint of pink at the apples of her cheeks. Her lips had a stain on them too.