February's Date

About a month had passed by with life being neutral. It was early February and the snow had made it hard for transportation on everyone, especially for Brooke, and I with our sports cars. Brooke's parents refused to let her drive in the snow anyways, just to keep her safe which I didn't disagree with, she didn't need to drive in the snow because I could always pick her up and drop her off when she needed.

Anyways, Brooke hasn't called me back since noon.... Not that she was mad or anything like that, but she told me that she would call back when she was ready. I had been ready for nearly three hours now and it was now going to six o' clock. I kept checking myself in the mirror to make sure that nothing was wrong, but every time that I convinced myself that I looked fine, I found myself walking back to the mirror....weird huh? I guess I was just nervous....which wasn't very good because then that meant that I liked Brooke....I knew that I did, but I still didn't like to admit it yet. The age difference still bothered me.

When you can't seem to find your way home,

And when life gets too hard,

To face on your own,

I will stand as your light through your darkest unknown,

I will walk with you,

So you're never alone,

Never alone,

Never alone,

Never alone....

"Brooke?" I greeted.

"Hey, Jordan." Her voice was cheery, but I could hear that she too was nervous.

I smiled as I pulled at my collar a little, "Hey. Are you ready? Or do you need more time? Or..." She stopped me with her laugh,

"Calm down, Jordan....I'm ready." I nervously chuckled and spoke,

"Okay. I'll be there in a few minutes." She agreed and hung up. I clenched my teeth tightly and grabbed a fist full of my hair. Way to embarrass yourself stupid! My voice taunted me in the back of my mind and I groaned as I headed out to my car in the garage.

I stopped outside her house, the whole way there, I was talking to myself like an idiot and going through how to say things.... It's not like we were getting married...

I groaned as I put it in park and got out. I made my way into her house and went upstairs to see if she needed help like every other time that we went out... I smiled at the memories of her incidents and saw that she in fact was perfectly fine...that's a first. I stopped right when I stepped into her room....she was absolutely stunning. She wasn't wearing a dress or anything too fancy like she was modeling, but in my eyes she was beautiful. She was wearing a silk black skirt that fanned loosely around her knees, but hugged her waist nicely and she was wearing a black one shoulder top that looked a little loose, but was supposed to on purpose. She had just the right amount of make-up on too, just a little mascara and eyeliner it looked like. Her hair was curled to one side which looked great....I was completely amazed and was even caught staring.... "Jordan? Are you feeling okay?" I shook my head violently and nodded with a sheepish smile on my face.

"You look....amazing..." I said quietly. She smiled and spun around for me to see that her top was a bare back, well to the middle of her back at least, it looked great on her. She held up her wrist in which the bracelet that I got her was dangling.

"Like my earrings?" I looked towards her ears to see that they were like sticks of diamonds, they reached down to almost touch her shoulder, and they were silver.