Chapter 2

It's 2 am and Naina is still awake.

She couldn't close her eyes for a second after she got to know about Naushad. Their startlingly similar appearance is going to make her life really difficult.

Throughout the night, she picked up the phone twice and almost called Col. Trishanku to quit from this mission. But then why?

Why she will quit...because of a look alike? They are different people with a different background. It won't be the same. After all she didn't fell in love with his demeanour.

It's what inside which attracted her. His loyalty, selfless love and his soul.

Although their is no denying the fact that he is undeniably handsome.

"Man got the whole package", she thought to herself and smiled. Well she is lucky that he chose her. After all he could get anyone but he chose her. He loved her!

Tring Tring...

The phone ring broke her chain of thought and she saw the phone.

Gunny is calling her. She received the phone. He is calling to tell her about their meeting with Dr. Naushad.

She sighed and got ready. Finally she have to face her nightmare.

—————————————————————————

"Please sit down, Captain Singh", Col Bisht signed her to sit opposite him.

Gunny is already sitting there.

"So finally I met you...Col. Trishanku speak very highly of you", Col Bisht said with a benignly smile.

Naina smile and nodded humbly.

"Naina I want to talk to you before Dr. Naushad will come...I was told by Maj. Randhava that Naushad resembles.."

"It's fine sir. I understand that they are different persons"

"Good. But there are other things I want to talk about. Naushad is at a very delicate state if I can say. Tumne uski file to padhi hogi", Col. Bisht said.

"Yes Sir.", Naina replied with a straight face.

"Then you know his past is a little touchy subject for him. Meher or Aarfa....in dono ke bare me hi..he would react very strangely....it's important for you to know but...after all you need to pretend being his wife", he concluded.

"Sir but he is his brother in law...how did he agreed to this? Did he know everything?", Naina asked.

"Not everything Naina....what we shared in the file in yellow pages specifically is for your eyes only...Naushad doesn't know everything", Col Bisht replied.

"So then Irfan ke bare me?"

"Use sirf ye bataya hai ki hume shaq hai...he somewhere understands but he is not ready to accept it yet", Gunny replied.

Naina looked at both of them one by one.

"He is doing it to save his family", Gunny replied her unasked question.

"His sister you mean?", Naina tried to get specifics.

"Yes and her son, Asim", Col. Bisht filled her in.

She nodded.

"Please come in Dr. Naushad", Col Bisht said out loud.

Naina turned to see him and her heart did a somersault on seeing him. Whatever warning she got would not have prepared her for this

 Whatever warning she got would not have prepared her for this

Dr. Naushad Rizvi

Naina who had faced so many unknowns before is stupefied with this. Life has managed to surprise.

He took a seat besides her looking and nodding politely at everyone. Gunny is looking at her reactions.

She closed her eyes and the poker face was on.

"Meet Dr. Naushad Rizvi. He is Pediatric Surgeon in our army hospital"

Naushad gave a small smile which didn't reached his eyes.

Naina is carefully studying him. She can read faces now and his face is reflecting, helplessness and discomfort.

"Dr Naushad ...you already know Maj. Randhawa. Let me introduce you Captain Singh. She will be the part of our mission as your namesake wife", Col. said.

He nodded giving her a brief look.

"We will register the marriage in Mumbai. You will come there next week on pretext of a workshop. You will stay there for some time and when you go back you will tell them about Naina. Then you come to Mumbai again and take Naina along with you. Is that clear to everyone?", Col. asked looking at everyone.

All of them nodded.

"Fine then. Gunny will be posted here to help you with the mission"

Gunny nodded in agreement.

"And Naina you will be taking up a position in army public school as a teacher. That way you can come inside the premises and we can connect with you easily. Also Asim is studying there, we want you to bond with him. It will grant you access to their home", Col. briefed Naina.

She nod once in response. She gave a deep look towards Naushad and can spot clear uncomfortableness on mention of Asim.

"I think that it. Naina you can fly back to Mumbai today itself. I don't want people to spot you here a lot. Naushad will come next week. You both can get familiarised then. Col. Trishanku will take over in Mumbai. Any thing else?", he looked at Gunny.

"No Sir", Gunny replied.

"Great...so see you soon. All the best for the mission. Wheels are already in motion."

They started to leave when Col. Bakshi signed Gunny to stay back.

Once Naina leaves closing the door behind, Col. said, "keep a lookout Gunny. I am sensing danger. He is getting rash".

"I know sir. Don't worry. We are following him in each and every step"

"Capt. Choubey is placed there ?", Col. asked by putting his files away.

"Yes. He joined their home as khansama/caretaker. His pseudo name is Parvez", Gunny replied.

"Good. Naina ko bhi support rahega", Col. said.

"But sir he only have access to their ground floor. Uper ka floor Irfan locked rakhta hai aur uski wife ko strict instructions hai ki he won't go through"

"I know. He won't trust him. Islie Naina ko plant kia hai. We need access to the inside of his house and his family", Col Bisht replied.

Gunny nodded and left.

He is worried about Naina. This won't be easy for her.

/* happy weekend friends!! I hope you will like the update and let me know your thoughts over it.

Votes and comments are compulsory for next update 😈
*/