Chapter 38

Naina woke up due to the constant ringing of phone.

She searched her cell phone as she is rubbing her eyes and picked it up.

As the call continues, Naina's eyes popped up. She springs up on bed, pulling the sheet covering her.

"What?", she said with terrorised voice.

Naushad is also up now. He is wearing clothes and trying to assess the situation.

He didn't recognised who did it. It's simply during the early hours in the morning when someone stabbed him badly.

"Ok. I am coming outside in next 10 mins", she said and disconnected the call.

Naushad looked at her curiously.

Naina face is looking so scared and white. All colours drained out of her face.

"What happened?", he asked with a looming fear.

"Someone broke in Choubey Sir's quarter yesterday and attacked him", Naina said while getting dressed quickly.

"But ...but how come, we didn't realised", Naushad said and looked in her eyes. Guilt and realisation in now drawing in.

"Aapi", Naushad mumbled.

Naina looked at him in fear, "Asim".

They rushed towards their place.

Gunny had a back up party patrolling the area who caught up the attack in time and checked Choubey in time to admit him in hospital.

"How is Sir?", Naina asked from Gunny who is trying to unlock the main door of Irfan's home.

"AAPI....ASIM", Naushad shouted their names aloud to get a response.

"They are not responding", Gunny said looking at Naushad.

"For your question Naina, Choubey is not well. He has been stabbed multiple times. He is ISU currently going through a major surgery", Gunny said signalling his men to take down the door.

Naushad can feel panic sinking inside him.

The door is broken and they went inside.

Naina and Naushad are now inside along with rest of them.

They started scanning room by room but found no sign of Shifrat or Asim or any human to be precise.

It's feels like a struggle happened there. Things are messed up and broken.

While other are going through signs, Naina noticed something.

Several simple but crucial things missing from the house which rings a bell. Like their tooth brush is missing along with toothpaste...which is trivial but crucial.

She was about to highlight it to Gunny when she received a call from Nihar.

"Can I call you in sometime Nihar?", Naina said in the complete mood to disconnect the call.

"No Naina...listen to me. I intercepted few calls today. The plan they were working for....plan for the blast is still on...how can it be true? Irfan's death didn't change anything", Nihar told them in panic.

"What? How can it be possible? Irfan's death should be a setback to them...Nihar there should be a mistake", Naina said on call.

Gunny moved towards Naina in shock.

"No ...I have got the information from two sources and both are very trustworthy", Nihar confirmed to Gunny who snatched the phone from Naina's hand.

Naina is shocked to the core wondering how come a death of their top leader didn't hinged the plan at all.

—————————————————————————

All of them are now in base. Due to security purposes Col. Chandra asked all of them to be in base only.

Naushad is sitting in a corner, brooding. He is disturbed. In fact he is very disturbed by the way things are moving.

His sister is missing and he cannot do anything. He is supposed to wait and watch because these army men don't feel he is worth any value in such cases. Naushad's head is splitting with headache over all these thoughts.

Col Bakshi specifically asked him to stay on base so that they can't blackmail them further. He even instructed Naina to make sure Naushad stays in base.

It's almost apparent to everyone how important Naushad and Naina became to each other. They don't want any of them to be in danger otherwise the other person is going to make their life difficult. It's already difficult to handle Naushad at this point of time.

Gunny also prefers that. Although he is feeling betrayed the way Naina is looking at Naushad but he cares for her safety more than anything.

They are working on tracing every proof, going through each and every of their source to get a clue. But so far they haven't found anything.

—————————————————————————

They are trying to work on breaking few codes when Naina kind started drifting.

Him teaching cryptography...his smile when any of his students cracked it correctly...his special smile when she cracks it correctly

Naina closed her eyes in desperation. She can't let the memories take over today...

She started concentrating again over the calls, trying to find a link.

For a few minutes everything went well. Although she is not getting anything relevant.

Again his smiling face flashed in front of her eyes. The night of mentorship when she is removing her wet locks....his wistful look, which she didn't recognised then...

Naina shakes her head. This feeling is guilt which is spreading across her body is making her more and more distracted.

Then again, his teary eyes when he is reading the questions degrading their relationship after the mentorship camp.

His eyes when she insulted him. It's like someone is snatching his whole life away from him.

She closed her eyes to let the tears fall down and took some deep breaths to concentrate.

She is on mission to track Shifrat and Asim. She cannot get distracted now. 

Nihar removed his headphones, "I might got something".

Naina rushed towards him. Nihar is noting down some coordinates.

Seems like they got the last known location for TopGun.

/*

So last two updates remaining which will come soon if as soon as this update hits 50 votes or 70 comments .

I have the next update already written and ready
*/