Chapter 30

/* Warning: This part will contain some disturbing content. I will make it in bold font. You can skip if you are uncomfortable with it */

Col. Bakshi is looking gravely at Naushad and Gunny and then again to Gunny and Naushad.

For a few seconds pin drop silence prevailed inside the room but then,

"What the hell is happening guys", Col Chandra entered the room.

Both Gunny and Col. Bakshi stand up to salute him.

"What is this? Where is Naina?", Col. Chandra asked.

"She is kidnapped Sir. Just outside the base gate", Gunny summarises the situation for him.

"What is the update from the vehicles follow her?", he asked.

"They got a rough idea but she might be moved in disguise as we speak", Gunny replied.

"Ok. There is no time to play blame game. Let's take action. Maj. you can move ahead with out original plan"

"But Sir", Gunny interrupts.

"Let me complete Maj", Col. Chandra stops him.

"Nihar can lead the operation to rescue Naina. We can't leave her in this situation", Col. Chandra completed.

"But..listen me out as well", Col. Bakshi interrupted. "What I feel is Naina's capture is a distraction planted to divide our attention from Naved's capture. I feel we should concentrate on Naved's capture and let local police handle Naina's case till our mission is done. Naina is a good officer and will hold on till that time".

Gunny was about to retort when Col. Chandra hold his hand to stop him.

"I can't leave my soldier in time of need. So we will be involved in rescue mission", Col Chandra said with a finality.

Gunny breathes in relief, at-least he is not giving up on her.

"But I agree with Col. Bakshi"

Naushad looked up sharply towards Col. Chandra in panic.

"This could be a distraction and involving Army directly will create issues"

Naushad got up in frustration but before he can say anything, Col Chandra said, "Let Nihar and a small team work with local police in disguise. We can't trust local police completely. Let Nihar lead the rescue operation as our earlier plan and this leave Maj. Gunraj to start with his mission. Let's get on with your jobs without any delay".

Before Gunny can leave, Naushad said to Col. Chandra, "I want to help in rescuing Naina".

Col. Chandra takes a deep look of Naushad before saying no, "we can't involve civilians in such risky operations. I understand your concern Dr. Rizvi but believe me Maj. Nihar is capable enough to handle this".

Gunny felt the same uneasinesses he had before. But he can't dwell on this now, he have a mission to concentrate on.
—————————————————————————

Naina can sense someone touching her. The wetness is making her coming back to her senses and the touch is creating a cringe.

Suddenly her eyes pop open when the fingers reached her throat.

Irfan is standing so close to her, grinning smugly, "so pretty and so delicate. Such a waste to ruin this skin for such risky job".

Naina felt feeling returning to her body. She tried to move but her hand are tied along with legs and she is kept tied in a standing position near a wall.