Chapter 15

"Aisa hai ki tum vahan tak pahuch hi nai payogi without attracting attention towards yourself....specially at the time he is in his meetings", Choubey told her selecting vegetables.

Naina who is in a burkha, nodded her head to make him understand that she got it.

"Par fir kare kya? Baraf girne se pahle mujhe information pass karni hogi varna kuch mahino tak kuch nai kar payenge hum", she told him.

"Dekho koi chupa hua rasta hota to mai khud hi ye information pass on kar deta. Aisa kuch nahin hai. Tumhe plant karne ka maqsad hi yahin tha to gain access to his home", Choubey said irritatingly.

"But he doesn't trust me. Mujhe unke ghar ka access kahan hain", she replied helplessly.

"That you have to think. Mujhe jana hoga, mujh par aksar nazar rakhi jati hai", Choubey said moving away while paying his bills.

—————————————————————————

Naina is bidding her days, everyday she wanted to barge in that house to find the clues but alas.

Irfan is always at home these days. Not leaving the house for an instance. Something big is cooking, Naina can sense it but couldn't do anything about it.

But one day she got her chance when Irfan have to report to the local police station.

His past endeavours mandated that he needs to report every week at the local police station to ensure that he hadn't left the town.

He never comes back before 2 to 3 hours during such visits. Naina thought it's a golden opportunity and wrapped the shawl to leave for his home when she heard the knock.

"Shifrat aap?", exclaimed Naina.

"Vo hume zara bazar jana hai Naina....Tum kuch der Asim ka khayal rakh sakti ho? Vo ghar par so rha hai. Use thoda jhukham hai islie hum use yahan nahin laye", Shifrat asked.

Naina couldn't have asked for a better opportunity. She readily agreed.

She started searching the 1st floor as soon as she is sure Shifrat has left. But nothing significant was found in their bedroom.

Before she can move to other room, she heard some voices from downstairs.

Asim is up.

"Uth gaye aap. Chalo good", Naina pulled him in her embrace. He cuddled in her arms.

"Chalo ab khana khalo Ammi rakh ke gai hai aapke lie", she cajoled him. He nodded in sleep.

She came with a plate of food and made him eat. By the time they finishes, he is wide awake.

"Chalo ab homework khatam kar lo", she said taking out his school bag.

"Nahin na....chalo kuch khelte hai. Subah se Ammi ne sula kar rakha hai. Sham ko fir padhayengi. Please na", he started pestering her.

Naina pursed her lips. She really won't get such chance again. She needs Asim out of her way today.

"Acha suno....I will count to 100 aur aap chupna. Fir mai aapko dhundhungi. Thik hai?", she asked.

"Chappan chuppai", his eyes gleamed and he agreed readily.

Naina went inside the supposed room and started searching while counting aloud.

She is not getting anything immediately but then she found a paper. There is simple code which she cracked immediately but the information is so vital that she went into a shock.

She placed everything together and left the room silently. Her counting is finished and before she can go down to search for Asim, she felt herself pulled into a corner.

"Naina ji......aap yahan kaise?", Irfan asked pinning her to a wall.

Naina gulped. In her shock she didn't realised he came back.

"Yun is tarah humare gareeb khane me kyu ghum rahi thi aap?", he asked moving his hand over her face.

Naina felt a rush of disgust in her body. She can easily make him see the stars but that would give everything away. After all currently he caught her in a no serious suspecting position.

"Aap...aap ye kya kar rahe hai?", she said trying to get herself free from his grip. She purposefully didn't used her full strength although his grip was very strong.

"Dekhiye ab aapki yahan is tarah chup ke ane ki sirf do vajah ho sakti hai....ya to aap jasusi karne ayi thi hum par ya fir..", his hands moved across her arms.

Naina closed her fists tightly to control herself.

"Ya fir aapko humse milna tha...akele me", he said leaning on her.

"Nainaaaaaa.....tum mujhe dhundh kyu nai rahi", Asim called for her while coming upstairs.

Naina freed herself and dropped the shawl again properly.

"Abba ....", Asim was startled to see Irfan.

"Vo Asim aur mai hide and seek khel rahe the. Shifrat ne mujhe Asim ko dekhne ke lie kahan tha. Uski tabiyat kharab thi na", Naina said in a shaken voice.

"Hmm...", Irfan said thoughtfully.

Naina looked at him, "vajah mil gai na aapko? Samajh gye na aap ki aapki vajahe galat thi. Vaise bhi ab aap hai Asim ke sath to mai ghar jana chahungi".

Asim's face lost its smile immediately. He is looking at his father fearfully who is smirking at Naina.

"Bilkul. Maf kijiyega aap par shaq kia humne", he said with a fake smile.

Naina didn't said anything at first but from the door she turned, "apni hade yad rakhe Irfan".

"Hum aj galat the iska matlab kal bhi honge ye zaruri nahin. Aur aap hume apni haden na yad dilayen. Humse jyada aapko apni haden yad rakhni chahiye varna Dr. sahab ko pasand nahin ki unki Begum yun....", with it a cunning smile spread on his face.

Naina left the place and closed the door once inside the house. Thankfully the drapes are closed.

She finished two glasses of water before passing on the information to Col. Bakshi.

She finished the call quickly and sat down in shock.

She was harassed today... she felt angry that she couldn't do anything.

She closed her arms over her knees and rocked to let this feeling pass. After all, she is strong enough to let it go. Breathe, Naina. Breathe.

She is concentrating on her breath but his touch makes her shiver. Then again she started to concentrate.

She didn't know how much time have passed when she felt a touch on her arm that made her jump.

"Kaun hai?", she said in panic to see Naushad with a stunned expression.

"Kya hua tumhe Naina?", he asked in concern.

"Ku...Kuch nahin...mai thik hun. Dinner...Dinner nai banaya maine. Abhi bana deti hu", she was stammering while getting up.

He pressed her hand, "it's ok. Aj mai bana deta hu dinner".

She nodded and pulled her hand away from his grip. He noticed it but didn't commented further.

They had their dinner in silence and Naina went to sleep immediately.

Naushad was awake. He is watching over her on the pretext of reading a book. He can clearly see shadows of distress on her face. What happened to her, he wondered.

/* happy Saturday friends!!

Vote and comments are compulsory 😈

MrigInCs , thanks dear for the help!!

*/