Chapter 16

she is continuously moving on the bed restlessly, completely covered in sweat.

Shuffling the sides her hand touched his and she gasped loudly.

She got up, drenched in sweat. Breathing from her mouth, she moved her hairs back.

"Kya hua Naina?", he asked again. This time careful not to make any skin contact.

She shakes her head but her panicked state is telling a different story.

"Kuch hua hai...batao mujhe. You promised ki tum mujhe bataogi agar meri family se judi koi bat hui to", he asked sitting opposite to her.

She looked at him helplessly. They looked at each other for sometime.

Naina tried to gain strength from the chocolaty brown eyes. Closed her eyes to imagine him.

He felt something is terribly wrong with her and carefully pressed her hand. She opened her eyes to see him and threw herself at him.

Naushad is not ready for it and he fell due to pressure with Naina on top. This fall made him conscious of their closeness but Naina didn't seem to realise. She kept the hold tight, breathing in his neck.

Naushad felt a strange emotion erupting inside his heart. Her hold is like a in-secured child seeking comfort. He held her back securely in his arms.

Slowly her breathing eased out and she drifted in sleep. Naushad wanted to make her sleep on her side but is scared that her panic episode will repeat.

He let her sleep in the same position holding her.

—————————————————————————

Morning light filtered through heavy curtains. Today is an exceptionally sunny day.

Naina's eyes open on its accord at 5 30am. She felt a proximity and startled to find her in his embrace.

Suddenly all the events of yesterday flashed before her eyes. That disgusting feeling of Irfan's touch and that code....that code. Today is important. They need to stop it, by any hook or crook.

She tries to move away softly and he turned around freeing her. She sat up and felt a rush of affection for Naushad. She understood why he slept that way. He is just ensuring her that she is safe.

She smiled with tears. Naushad doesn't even know what he gave her. She feels comfortable only with him and he can't return. But yesterday night he came back.

She smiled on her silliness. He won't come back, it was her fake husband.

Strangely his touch was not disgusting but somehow comforting. No..it wasn't anything sexual. It was like, she is safe. The way she used to feel around him.

She sighed deeply. This is messing with her mind.

Naina went to freshen up to leave the room as soon as possible. She needs her focus today.
——————————————————————————

"Naina, you know it's risky. Sir, let her skip school today. Keh dena Naina ki tumhari chot ke karan nai ja rahi ho", Gunny said in desperation.

"Maj. Gunraj Randhawa, think of what are you saying. Agar Naina nai gai to Irfan ko shaq Ho jayega", Col. Trishanku said.

Today everyone is on the conference call.

"Naina will go to the school as per usual. Naina tumne Naushad se kuch kahan to nahin hai na?", Col. Bakshi asked.

"No Sir", Naina replied in a straight voice. She is now in full control.

"Good. Naina we can't let him doubt on you", Col. Bakshi said.

"Now listen the plan. We will let the bomb enter the premises", Col. Trishanku said.

"But sir. Entrance par bomb detect Ho jayega humare scanners se", Naina said.

"I don't think so. Itni planning ki hai to iska bhi kuch na kuch tod nikala hoga. Let it enter anyways", Col Trishanku said.

"We need to capture someone from their hideout. Usse ye information bahar nikalava ke we will stop it. Is bomb blast ke hideout me humara encounter itna tul nahin pakadega. This is what we are counting on"

"Par sir us encounter team ko bomb blast ke bare me kuch nai pta hoga. Agar unhe ye info nikalvane me deri ho gai kisi bhi karan se to?", Gunny asked nervously.

"Then we will invoke plan B. Abhi ke lie yahin hai. Naina you are clear right?"

"Yes Sir".

"Ok then. All the best!", Col Trishanku said with a controlled voice. After all Naina and all those children's life will be on stake today.

There is plan of introducing a bomb in army campus through a school bag of an innocent child. The bomb mostly will blast in the school which will create a huge ruckus over security issues of Campus.

Naina's found the perpetrators locations too with the plan yesterday. This location will help them to neutralise a big group if they reached on time.

This attack on the group will have a huge impact in terms of saving the children in school. Because they can't disclose their actual information source.

The information which shook Naina to the core is the kid which is going to be used is no other than Asim.

——————————————————————————

Naushad kept her coffee before Naina. She is looking fine now.

He took a long breath and asked, "kal kya hua tha Naina?".

Naina knew what he is referring but she can't say anything right now.

"Kuch nai. Aap mujhe aur Asim ko chod denge? Meri gadi kharab hai", she asked taking a sip of coffee with shuffling her contents of bag.

Before she can get up Naushad held her hand, "you said you would tell me Naina".

His eyes are making her weak. That stare reminds her so much of..no she can't think about that today. But she really do owe him some answers.

"Ok. Kal mai Shifrat ke ghar thi. Usne Asim ko dekhne ke lie kahan tha....hum khel rahe the aur Asim chup gya", she narrated the story omitting her mission details.

Naushad took a seat opposite to her.

"Itne me Irfan vahan aa gya. He suspected me of spying", she said looking away. It's hard for her to look in his eyes at this point of time.

"Fir ?", Naushad asked.

"Fir he...he touched me inappropriately", she mumbled.

Naushad felt the earth moving away.

"Tumne Kya kia fir ?", he asked in a small voice.

"I couldn't react loudly so I just warned him and left. Asim came on time to mai bas kisi tarah nikal gai vahan se", she replied.

"Why you didn't hit him? Tum to aaram se use tackle kar sakti thi...kyu karne dia ye sab? Are you enjoying that? Ya sach me use apni taraf attract karna tumhari technique hai?", he asked spitefully.

Naina felt her eyes tearing up again but she couldn't be weak today.

"As I said before to you I owe you no explanations", she said with a plain voice devoid of any emotions.

"Really to why you told me then?", he asked in frustration. Every time this fucked up angle comes in all of his relations. Even official one's now.

"Excuse me. Mai nai ayi thi aapko batane. Aap khud aye puchne. Anyways you can think whatever you want. I am done explaining you. Will you drop me or should I call for a taxi?", she asked knowing he will definitely drop them.

She can't afford to be melodramatic today. Her focus should not be on his misogynistic behaviour with her but on missions safety.

After all a lot is on stake today.

/*
Votes and comments are compulsory 😈

Thanks on all my dear readers who have given me feedback in last update. This update is dedicated to all of you!
*/