Chapter 22

"Kya Kiya Hain TuneKya Kiya Hain TuneKya Kiya Hai Tune Mere Yaar"

"Kya Kiya Hain Tune
Kya Kiya Hain Tune
Kya Kiya Hai Tune Mere Yaar"

Just out of shower and trying to comb his hairs but his curly hairs are having a mind of their own today. Just like his heart they are also not interested in setting in their usual pattern.

Naina saw his struggling. She went close to him and starting to arrange his hairs in place.

He looked up in surprise and they looked at each other. Both of them felt something passed in between.

"Shayad Khatam Hai
Ya Phir Bacha Hai Dil Mein Kahi Pe Tumhara Intezar
Tu Saamne Se Aise Hai Ghuzra
Hone Laga Hai Humko Tumse Hi Pyar"

He didn't averted his gaze and her fingers stuck in his hairs. She looked down and gave final touches to his hairs.

"Sauda Yeh Do Dilon Ka
Lagta Hai Kuchh Palon Ka
Na Hoga Yeh Humse Baar Baar"

She turned to leave to avoid his gaze when he hold her hand. She looked up at him but his eyes are now on her hands. He is crossed his fingers with her and moved her thumb inside her palm.

Naina shivers with this touch. He took a step towards her closing some more distance.

"Kya Kiya Hain Tune
Kya Kiya Hain Tune
Kya Kiya Hai Tune Mere Yaar"

She looked up at him and now he is looking at her. Something so soft is there in his eyes that Naina felt strange in her heart.

They are like this for few seconds absorbing the sudden change.

"Abba.....dekhiye na Naina ne humare lie Omlette kaise banaya hai...isme na smiley bhi hai", Aliya came running.

The spell broke.

Naushad left her hand and Naina left immediately.

Naina is bewildered by her behaviour. Why his touch affected her so much? Why she let him hold her hand? What was going on there? Is she attracted to him or it's just his hangover?

Here Naushad is in similar position. His attraction is getting stronger day by day towards her. Everything about her is pulling him as if they are magnetic poles.

Even though she left her fragrance lingered in the air behind. Naushad is trying to listen what Aaliya is saying but nothing is going inside his brain. His brain who is currently dominated by the thoughts of a girl whom with he doesn't share any relation.
——————————————————————————

"Good morning, Dr Rizvi. Please come in", Dr Khan asked from his cabin.

Dr Khan is the HOD for pediatrics department.

"I hope you are fine now. I know we are under heavy load from past few weeks and you are involved in OPD as well. So we have hired a new pediatric surgeon who will work under you"

"That's great news sir. I am happy that someone new is joining us", Naushad replied politely.

"I have asked her to meet us here. Let's see when she will come", Dr Khan wondered when she entered.

"Ahh...here she is. Come in Dr Mirza"

Naushad turned to see her in shock.

Meher is standing on the door smiling at Dr Khan.

"Dr Rizvi, meet Dr. Meher Rizvi. She will assist you in paediatric department", Dr Khan introduced them.

"We have met before in-fact worked together before", Meher said looking at Naushad.

He nodded lightly to acknowledge but didn't said anything.

"Great then. I think then you both can take it up from here", Dr Khan said.

They nodded and Naushad took leave from there.

History is repeating itself. His past is again there to haunt him.

"Good to know that you are married now Dr Rizvi. Congratulations!"

Naushad halted in his path and turned to look at Meher. She is smiling mysteriously.

"Thank you", he mumbled.

She forwarded her hand and he took to shake it. Meher came a bit close to him and murmured, "I know aapne ye Shadi kyu ki hai. Us darinde ko aj bhi aap bachane ki koshish kar rahe hai....you know he is a monster and he will always be that".

Naushad looked at her painful eyes. He is at a loss of words once again in front of her.

Although he is sure of her being an victim of Irfan but still he couldn't let go of the fact that she involved herself with him when she knew he was married.

"I ...", he tried to say something when Meher stopped him.

"I pity you Dr Rizvi. Jiske lie aap itna kuch kar rahe hai ....he is not worth a bit of it. But anyways it's your life and your decisions", she said.

Naushad pursed his lips. He is not sure how to react let alone say anything.

"Mai bas ye kahna chahti thi ki irrespective of our past we have to work together so.....I will try to be professional now on", Meher concluded.

Naushad nodded in response but couldn't respond anything. The presence of Meher is shocking to him and he is still not over it.
——————————————————————————

"Dimag to sahi hai tumhara....kya matlab ki tumhe nahin pata usne dekh ya nahin...tum par bharosa karna hi galti tha"

"Humari hi vajah se aap logo ne Topgun to hata dia tha vahan se. Kyuki hume shaq tha..", Irfan said on the call.

"Ab bhi shaq hai tumhe?"

"Han ab bhi shaq hai kyuki agar usne sachmuch vahan dekha hota to sirf Daulat nahin balki aap bhi pakde jate Bhaijaan", Irfan said  on phone.

"Hmm.....is bar ko bata to yun rahe hai Irfan Miyan jaise kitna acha kam kia aapne itni laparavahi dikha kar. Itni crucial information aapne yun hi chod di.....ye ladki me bare me sab kuch pata kijiye janab"

"Hmm..", Irfan said pursing his lips.

"Vaise hume to aapki Begum par bhi shaq hai...ajkal uske bhi rang dhang kuch alag hi lag rahe hai....zara dhyan rakhe...kahin pair fisal na rahe ho uske"

"Uska to mai dhyan achi tarah rakh hi rha hu. Par fir bhi dhyan rakhunga...aap befikar rahe aur pata kare kahin ye bhul kisi aur ki taraf se na ho", Irfan said and put the phone down.

He came outside on balcony to see towards Naushad house. He can clearly see Naina playing with Aaliya. He smirked looking at them with his intentions clear in his eyes.

/* happy weekend friends!

*/