Chapter 37

Irfan's body is now cleared up from the street and Naina made Asim sleep.

Shifrat took Asim along with stating she needs him to cope up with the shock.

Naushad offered her to stay with them or even they can stay with her but she denied.

"I want sometime alone. I am fine. Don't worry. If I need anything, I will let you know. I know you guys are there for me", Shifrat said pressing Naina's hand.

Naina and Naushad left her at home and came back to base where everyone is discussing the next course of action.

"I think now danger is over Sir and Naina can shift back to base", Gunny said looking at Naina and Naushad entering the house.

"Hmm", Col. Chandra pursed his lips together. He is thinking hard.

"Sirji...I think we should give protection to Shifrat and Asim also. Although Irfan is dead but their might be counter attack. We actually don't even realise the impact of his death as per now", Choubey added.

"Good suggestion Choubey. But I don't want to make it look like a big operation too. Locals doesn't need to get involved too much. This is sparsely populated area and so his termination is relatively calmer", Col. Chandra said.

Naina took a position in the circle.

"I suggest you and Naina be here for another two days to give a thorough security to both families. I will keep a patrolling party ready nearby. Then we can reassess the situation", Col. Chandra said getting up from the chair signalling the discussion is over.

—————————————————————————

Naushad is sitting alone in his arm chair pretending to read a book but actually he is looking at Naina who is sitting in the balcony.

From the time a deadline is fixed for Naina to leave a strange restlessness is settling inside him.

He will loose her so soon. So much is pending in their lives...so much is left to do. How much more is left to explore.

He is feeling a pit forming inside his stomach.

He is flexing and clenching his fists. She will leave him. He will be alone again.

He looks at Naina with wistful eyes.

Now Naina's situation is no different.

She is sitting in the balcony looking outside. It's her favourite corner here.

Looking at the smooth green cover and beautiful flowers, her mind is pondering over her thoughts.

The moment Gunny mentioned that she should shift to base now, she felt ground slipping below her feet.

She is just not ready to make the transition. But that's a known fact to them. She knew that she have to leave but when the time is there, then she finds herself not ready at all.

So many relations she have made in this small time. Aaliya, for whom she always felt a rush of affection. Naushad who feels like a bridge between her lost love and future.

And not to forget Asim, that kid is always special for her. One relationship which she made for no agenda but just out of pure love. She felt a strange kinship with that kid. The way his parents ignored him and now he even lost one. Naina can see how his future is going to be. Parents are the strongest support a kid can have.

She can feel Naushad's eyes on him. Leaving him after all this would be so tough. Living here with him made her forget how lonely she is in real life. After a long time, she is sharing her life with someone.