Chapter 6

They have rang the bell twice. Naina is getting restless and Naushad is also feeling the situation a bit fishy. Shifrat never took this time to open the door.

Finally after third bell, Irfan opened the door.

"As-salamu alaykum", Irfan said.

"Wa alaykumu s-salam", Naushad replied.

Naina just smiled at Irfan and they entered the house. It's a two story house with ground floor consisting of drawing room, kitchen and one bedroom which their son occupies.

"Tashreef farmaye. Mai abhi ata hun", Irfan says gesturing towards the sofa and left the room.

The quiet in the home is a bit weird, but then suddenly the front door opens and a small kid enters.

"Mamu ....."

A seven or eight year kid ran towards Naushad and he immediately picked him up.

"Mamu....Mamu ammi bata rahe the ki aap Aaliya ki nayi ammi lekar aye hai. Kaun hai vo?", he asked.

Naushad is smiling at him, he made him sit besides him.

"Inse miliye, ye hai Naina. Aapki...", Naushad thought how to finish that sentence, when Naina interrupts.

"Aapki bhi Naina ya aap mujhe Naina Aunty bhi kah sakte ho. Aur aapko mai kya bulau?", she asked.

"Aadam Naina Aunty. Mai Asim hun", Asim replied.

"Bada pyara nam hai aapka. Kaun si class me ho aap?", Naina asked him further with a affectionate smile.

"Class 2B me hu mai. Army Public School me", he said proudly.

"Are wah! Asim to big boy hai", Naina said.

Asim gave her a big smile and Naushad smiled too at his acceptance for Naina. She have a knack with kids, he thought.

Shifrat came downstairs around that time and welcomed them.

Her face looked a little dull like she might have cried.

Naushad wanted to ask her when Irfan came back in the room.

Shifrat used the distraction to go near Asim, "jao apna homework khatm karo khane se pahle".

"Ammi....bad me kar lunga na. Abhi mujhe Mamu aur Naina Aunty ke sath baithna hai", Asim said making a cute baby face.

Naina smiled over it and Irfan raised his eyebrows. Naushad caught hold of his reaction but averted his eyes on time to prevent him noticing it.

"Bad me baithna. Pahle homework khatam karo. Kal school hai na", Shifrat said taking a whiny Asim along with her.

Irfan took a seat opposite to them and sat with crossing his legs.

"Fir farmaye kab kahan kaise mulaqat hui aap dono ki", he asked.

Shifrat gave a look to him and took a seat besides him.

"Are kuch serve kijiye inhe. Humare ghar pahli bar ayi hai Naina ji", he said in overly sweet voice.

"Han abhi layi. Kabse Parvez ko kahan hua hai", Shifrat said getting up when Parvez(Choubey) entered with cups filled with aromatic kahwa.

He put the plate on table and started to leave when Naina said, "mujhe darasal safar ki vajah se thoda headache hai. Aap log mind to nahin karenge agar mai bana lu ek cup apne lie?".

"Aap kyu pareshan hongi. Parvez bana dega", Shifrat said.

"Pareshani ki koi bat nahin. Darasal mujhe apne hisab ki coffee pasand hai. Bas 2 min me bana lungi", Naina asked still sitting , giving them an option to deny her request.

"Bilkul jaye aap", Irfan said.

"Parvez unhe saman bata dena", Shifrat added.

Naina went inside the kitchen and Parvez quietly gave her the saucepan.

She ignited the gas and put the required things inside to prepare the coffee.

"Use shaq hai", Choubey murmured while taking the sugar bottle.

"Maine is floor ka bathroom jam kar dia hai. Jab ishara karu tab bathroom ka bahana bana ke uper ja sakte hai", he said handing her the coffee.

She nodded once and took the cup ready with coffee, outside. She didn't want them to doubt on this situation further.

Once outside she saw Naushad reciting the well rehearsed story, "aur bas vahin workshop me hum sath kam karte karte dost ban gaye. Workshop ke bad bhi we stayed in touch aur bas jab dubara gya mai Bombay we wanted to meet".

"Lekin dono itna busy the ki 2, 3 dino tak mil hi nahin paye. Fir hume ahsas ho hi chuka tha apni feelings ka to we thought, why to delay the next step further? Akhir sath rahna hum dono hi chahte the", Naina completed the story taking her seat back.

She smiled warmly at Naushad which he returned. His smiled stirred something in her heart and she blushed a little.

Shifrat noticed her cheeks changing colours and she smiled genuinely.

"Acha hi kia. Nek kam me bilkul deri nahin karni chahiye. Vaise bhi bhaijaan ko koi pasand aa gya usse khushi ki bat humare lie aur kya hogi", Shifrat said indulgently looking at Naushad.

She stroked Naina's head, "khuda aap dono ko sari khushiyan bakshe".

Naina closed her eyes and smiled. She got a positive response for the first time from her. It's definitely a good start.

"Vaise Aaliya ko bata dia aap dono ne ki Naina unki nayi Ammi hai. Kyuki jahan tak hume yad hai unhe to kisi aur ka intezaar tha", Irfan said with a sarcastic smile.

Effect of this was instant. Shifrat's face lost all the affection and hatred is dominating it now.

Naushad also looked uncomfortable but he didn't react, "abhi nahin. Jab vo chuttiyon me aayegi tab bat karenge usse".

"Acha hai Bhaijaan. Hume bharosa hai ki use Naina bahut pasand aayengi", Shifrat said adamantly avoiding Irfan's eyes completely. She left for kitchen to get the dinner served meanwhile.

Irfan gave a small smile to them, "hum zara abhi ate hai".

Asim joined them as he finished whatever little homework was left. Shifrat is looking a bit relaxed too, serving the dinner.

"Vo mujhe thoda washroom jana tha", Naina whispered to Shifrat catching Choubey's signal.

"Are...yahan ka washroom to jam hai. Acha aap uper chale jaye. Uper se third door. Asim dikha dega", Shifrat said in a hurry as her hands are filled with dishes. Naushad went to help her and Naina left for first floor with Asim.

Asim was speaking non stop with Naina and finally came to a halt before the washroom. His Ammi called him then and he ran downstairs.

Naina went to the washroom and thought about planting something. But then that's what he is expecting and this would lead them straight to the trap. No, she have to gain the trust first.

She tiptoed against the rooms, trying to spot Irfan. Finally she can hear muffed voices from a locked room. She tried to hear the conversation but got nothing decipherable.

She was about to turn when she heard, "janta hai hum. Topgun ki safety ki hume bhi bahut fikar hai. Par abhi waqt lagega us information ko nikalne me. Shatir log hai vo. Itna aasan nahin hai. Mission ko anjam dene ke lie hume abhi intzaar karna padega. Topgun ko kahiye ki abhi nazraana farmana bilkul safe nahin hoga. Aawam nazar rakhe hue hai Daulat par. Han Han.... hum haule hi bol rahe hai"

Naina could hear the concerns returning to muffled voices and she returned quietly.

Downstairs Asim was playing with Naushad and Shifrat was busy in kitchen.  Naina took her place back and started playing with Asim too. Asim felt at ease with her instantly.

/* happy Sunday friends!! How was the long weekend?

Tell me how are you liking the story so far. Pardon my Urdu, it's not that refined. Also this is the first time one villain have so prominent role in any of my stories.

Vote and comment to share your feedback 😈
*/