Chapter 5

"Bhaijaan....aapne nikah padh lia aur hume ittlla bhi nahin ki", Shifrat said.

"Aapi vo sab kuch itne achanak se hua. Vaise bhi humne court marriage ki hai", Naushad said with a guilty expression.

"To fir ye nikah jayaz hai? Chaliye thik hai. Jaisa bhi bhaijaan ko munasib lage", Irfan said with a voice dripping with sarcasm.

Both Shifrat and Irfan are squabbling with Naushad, while Naina is observing both of them. Shifrat is looking a plain simple girl who really cares about Naushad. Irfan on the other hand is a curious case. She reserved her judgement on him for time being.

During their arguments, Irfan is glancing towards Naina frequently. His eyes are reflecting many colours Naina feels uncomfortable to put a name.

"Chaliye fir taaruf to karva dijiye Bhabhijaan se", Shifrat said looking towards Naina.

"Ye Naina hai. Ab Naina Rizvi", Naushad signed towards her.

Naina looked up at Shifrat and Irfan to give a small smile. She is wearing a cream colour salwar suit with heavy red shawl draped around her. Her hairs are open with Kajal in her eyes.

Shifrat said, "aadab bhabhijaan".

Naina is perplexed over this. She wanted to return her greetings but couldn't bring herself to. Instead she smiled warmly at her.

"Behad khubsurat hai aap. Samajh aa rha hai ki kyu ye sab itna achanak ho gya", Shifrat said with a teasing tone.

Irfan raised his eyes, "sach....nayab khubasurti". He raised his hand to greet her as well.

Naina sent a small smile towards him too. His stare felt a little uncomfortable to hold. She looked at Shifrat instead.

"Aapi...Aapi kah sakte hai na aapko", Naina asked politely.

Shifrat looked at Irfan who shakes his head slightly indicating no.

"Aap hume Shifrat hi kahe bhabhijaan", Shifrat said sharply.

Naina smiled understanding the dynamics, "Thik hai. Vaise mujhe bhi acha lagega agar aap Naina bulaye mujhe. Rishton me ulajh kar hum dost nahin ban payenge".

Irfan smirked. He understood how Naina is playing the game.

"Naina...Thik hai fir. Hume koi pareshani nahin hogi aapko nam se bulane me. Takalluf me fase rahne ka koi shouk nai hume. Kyu Naushad Miyan", Irfan said  looking towards Naushad.

Naushad smiled meekly. He wanted this discussion to be over with. As they have guessed, Irfan's family didn't accepted Naina swiftly. It was good in a way that it means that they are only doubting her. Their downright rejection or acceptance would be more complicated.

Shifrat saw the disappointment at Naushad's face and felt guilty.

"Bhaijaan...aj rat ka khana aap humare sath khaye. Akhir aap dono aj hi ghar aye hai", Shifrat invited them.

"Han bilkul. Milenge julenge tabhi to pehchan badhegi. Aur fir abhi to ye bhi janna hai ki aap dono kaise kab mile? Kahaani kya hai is rishte ki", Irfan said with a curious smile.

"Zarur Aapi", Naushad accepted the invitation.

They left and went to lock the door. While turning back he said, "jaisa...".

Before he could finish the sentence Naina placed her hand over his mouth and hugged him. She moved her lips close to his ears, "mudna mat turrant. Khidki par koi hai. They are waiting for you to react".

Naushad saw the window through his peripheral vision. He can't miss it. It's Irfan lurking behind the curtains.

"Hug me back. It would fishy", Naina murmured.

He brought his arms around her and gave an awkward hug. She pulled him in, "Naushad. We are newly wed. Tumhari behan ne mujhe dhang se accept nai kia hai. Act accordingly".

Naushad realised and he pulled out to give her a kiss on her forehead, "pareshan mat ho Naina. Aapi bas mujhe lekar thoda possessive hai. Vo aapko apna lengi jab dekhengi ki how much do you care for me".

Naina smiled at him encouragingly and nodded.

"Let's get some rest", he said and pulled her with him towards the first floor.

He can see Irfan leaving his hideout place. He needs to take care of this somehow.

They entered the room and he closed the door behind him. He went inside his bathroom and saw through the twisted glass window to check if he have left. He can spot him going inside his home.

Naushad came back in his room to see Naina looking everywhere intriguingly, "kitna sundar hai ye kamra. Ye lakdi ke ghar kitne khubsurat hote hai na".

She looked at him with twinkling eyes. He smiled genuinely at her expression of awe.

"Kashmir me har ghar aise hi hota hai", he said.

"Wow...lucky to live around such beauty", she said and then bit her lip.

"Kah sakti ho. Par...khair chodo. Which side you prefer?", Naushad asked.

"Excuse me?", she screwed her eyes unable to understand.

He signaled towards the bed and she nods in understanding.

"Right would be ok", she said sitting on that side. Bed was comfortable enough.

"Okk. Vaise I didn't thought you would choose so soon", he said with absent mind.

"Why? Because I am women and I am supposed to adjust?", she asked with sarcasm.

Naushad was caught off the foot. He didn't expected her to react this way. Of course she guessed it correctly but he couldn't accept the same.

Naina shakes her head with a little smile. She knew she had guessed correctly.

She fluffed the pillow, "I am going to take a nap. I need a fill my quota of tolleranc if I need to sustain that dinner".

Naushad felt bad over her reaction but what can he say. His own sister put him on this place and he can't say or expect anything from Naina.

/* happy Sunday and happy panchami friends!!

Votes and comments are compulsory */