2

Summer felt like the fastest time of the year. Two months fly when you're having fun, thankfully Christmas Holidays were just around the corner but how I wish summer was longer.

I sat on the last table of the classroom. "Summer should've been longer" I complained leaning my arms and head on the table, letting my light brown hair fall to one side.

"Not for me, what did you do on summer anyway?"

Paige said sitting next to me and looking at me with her bright green eyes. "I mean we all do something during summer right?"

"I went to the beach, how about you?" I asked excited lifting my head up and glancing at her.

She let out a loud sigh looking away at the window. "Not much really, I got to work the whole summer so I'm glad it ended fast" she said looking back at me.

"Aw man, that sucks" I reluctantly said looking away.

"Anyway are you ready for finals?" she asked and I gasped.

I put my hands under my chin. "Finals? Is that time of the year already?" I asked confused letting out a sigh.

She nodded and chuckled. "And remember this semester we have to study for that test" she said I gasped again.

"That test huh? The one 90% of the class fails?" I asked worried.

Paige looked out the window and let out a sigh. "Exactly, I've failed it twice so this is my last chance" she said looking sad.

I patted her back. "Don't worry, we'll study and give our best!" I said trying to cheer her up.

"Easy said than done, you haven't done it yet have you?" she asked looking at me with a bit of jealousy.

"Not yet, I haven't failed a class since I got into law school" I said with a smile.

She swallowed faking a smile. "Lucky you" she said looking away.

The class of politics went by, Paige was a bit into the teacher who I got to admit is a bit cute, but I'm not really into older guys. So it was a little hard for her to concentrate during this class.

When it was over I went back to my dorm which I shared with my roommate. Cory was the sweetest guy I've ever known, I could always count on him and we were really good friends, he also had a huge sense of style.

I opened the door and saw him sitting on the dining table "Welcome back Jill, how was your day?" he asked while painting on a canvas.

Cory was an artist, he was studying art and he was really good at it so it was normal for me to find him drawing on the room.

"Good but this semester I have to do that test, I completely forgot about that" I said sitting on a chair next to him.

The room had a small kitchen to the left from the entrance, to the front was the dining table and farther both our beds, one next to the other leaving a gap between them. The bathroom was the only other room besides the main room.

"That test? Oh my God, you sure need to study then!" he said glancing at me leaving his tools aside.

I let out a sigh. "Yeah..." I reluctantly said.

"Hey why don't you ask your ex-boyfriend for help? The lawyer?" he suggested.

I face palmed. "Because we have such an amazing relationship" I sarcastically said.

He let out a laugh. "Don't overdo it, it hasn't been long since you two broke up" he said moving his hands.

"Did you forget what happened and why we broke up?" I asked upset punching the table.