5

The morning went by pretty fast, I only had class half day so I went back to the dorms for lunch. Cory wasn't around so he was probably at class too. It was so sweet of him to have put a blanket around me and to have taken off the book so I wouldn't drool over it.

Today's Tamara's birthday party and I don't even know what to wear or what to give her as a present. I let out a sigh.

Someone knocked at the door. "Cupcake!" she yelled as soon as I opened it.

"Ginny?" I asked confused.

"Cory told me he wouldn't be here to help you out so I came instead" she said smiling and giving me a hug.

"Help me out? What are you talking about" I asked still confused.

"We'll go shopping and then to the hairdressing, do nails and hair and makeup" she said excited.

"Wait, this is just a birthday party not my wedding" I joked.

"Cory pays for it, he said since it's the first time in ages you will go out with him he wants you to look stunning" she said.

"So I look like shit most of the time" I laughed.

"No but you need to look glamorous, you look just okay most of the time" she stated.

I nodded. "True" I said looking away.

She took me by the arm. "Now, shall we go?" she said excited.

"Wait, can we grab something to eat before going shopping? I'm starving" I said as my stomach growled.

"Sure" she nodded.

We both got into her car and drove towards the mall. It was the most popular mall around and it had tons of expensive shops. We went to Wendy's for food and while we were eating we had a chat.

"So Cory asked you to help me because he's always looking nice" I smiled but I was also a bit offended by it.

"He asked me to help you because... it's been a while since you two last went out and he really wants this day to be amazing, so you obviously have to look amazing" she said with a chuckle.

"Right" I reluctantly nodded.

It's not that I don't enjoy dressing up to impress, it's just that I don't think it's necessary to do all this just for a birthday party, I do have pretty nice clothes in my closet, besides what I usually wear every day.

We ate without saying much afterwards, then we walked right into Forever 21. One of my favorite shops.

We looked around for dresses until Ginny pushed me inside the dressing room.

"Wait I haven't seen any dresses yet—" I said when she interrupted me "I have enough dresses for you to try out" she said giving me about 6 or 7 different dresses.

I sighed taking them with me to the dressing room.

I tried all the dresses until one of them caught my attention, it was a plain black strapless dress but it looked like two different pieces, a skirt made of tulle and the upper part with a matte black color. I like colorful dresses but I also like to play it safe, especially if we're going out dancing, and I don't know what the dressing code of the place is either so yeah. I came out of the dressing room holding only one dress.

"So? That's the dress?" Ginny asked.

"Yeah" I nodded.

We bought the dress and ran to the shoes section, since the dress was black I decided to go for silver shoes so it wouldn't be all black, they were shiny but the classy shiny. Also we bought them at Steve Madden, there's never something not classy in that store.