Chapter Three

HYUK JAE

The cousin is outrageously beautiful.

The kind of beautiful that's hard to look away from but also hard to look directly at. Her eyes are so a clear a blue that I feel like she can see inside my head and read my thoughts which made my ears hot when I made eye contact earlier since what's inside my head is a half-naked Kimi and images of what it'd be like to have turned Kimi around and made her more naked.

Completely naked.

Underneath an equally naked me.

It's just a naked back, for heaven's sake, why is it sticking in my brain?

Regrettably, Kimi has appeared in my dreams several times since I first saw her at the airport so, clearly, I've developed some curiosity where she's concerned. I don't overanalyze this.

Hedda, the more I look at her, reminds me of someone but I can't put my finger on it and it's bugging me.

When she got out of the pool it occurred to me that she's probably very typical looking in Sweden and I'm probably just confusing her with some swimsuit model or underwear model I've seen in a magazine or ad. Or maybe a movie or TV star. I don't know. She seems familiar, though.

Then there's Kimi who, up close, is much, much more beautiful than I thought she was at the airport. Of course, I feel like an idiot for not accounting for the length of the flight and how exhausted she must've been when I first saw her.

Rested, she's not just pretty but really rather captivating.

Her naked back is sweetly sensual and, again, I can't stop picturing the gentle curve of her waist and the perfection of her ass, her smooth, smooth pale skin. On top of this, the jeans she has on are very distracting.

I let the conversation flow around me, stealing looks at Kimi who doesn't seem to have a lot to say either. I suppose my concerns about a woman who wants to talk to me too much were entirely unfounded in her case.

She's very still, the same way she was at the airport. She exhibits a great economy of movement, unlike her twin who gestures with his hands and arms quite a bit. Kimi's stillness is very appealing to me.

Her twin seems to have relaxed, he was clearly agitated earlier. And while I have no idea what they were talking about in Swedish I'm guessing it wasn't particularly flattering given Won Sik appears to think they don't speak Korean.

But who moves to Korea and gets into a prestigious Ph.D. program or sets up international business offices without speaking the native language? Frankly, I'm not sure such a thing is possible really. I mean, sure, maybe. But wouldn't most people want to attend somewhere where they're sure to not miss any of the lessons, or misunderstand something important?

And Kimi is working in genetics. There's no way, no way, she doesn't speak Korean.

I'm in the mood for Won Sik to be clueless though, even if I get lowered in their estimation a bit along with him. It'd be great if he'd stop talking about how fuckable Kimi is and how when I'm done with her he'll have a turn.

That's a hard no.

The temptation to ask him if he genuinely thinks these three people don't speak Korean is great. I'm struggling to resist.

Now and then the siblings and cousin make comments to one another in Swedish, and Won Sik continues to speak to me in Korean as though they don't understand him. I watch carefully, though, and it's obvious to me that they all three understand every word out of my dipshit friend's mouth.