Chapter Sixteen

KIMI

Now that there's a plan, and Lim Tan is helping with the plan, I feel better.

I don't feel awesome by any means and I have these moments where I feel paralyzed and my mind takes on this dream-like fog, but it's getting easier to shake the feeling.

I'm not going to die a slow and painful death here by myself, I'm not going to be violated or abused, I'll get to go home some time, and Lim Tan is going to be my friend. Because there is no other way that doesn't end in a lifelong man hunt of Kimi and I'm not down for that frankly.

New friend? Yes.

Life on the run? No.

People harmed in an attempt to recover me? Nope. No, no, no.

I rummage through the bags on the floor of the bedroom I'm occupying and find a lot of really cute, really expensive stuff including a bright white one-piece bathing suit with adorable spaghetti straps and a very low cut back, black swim shorts, and a black long-sleeved rashguard.

The bathing suit, which looks innocuous lying on the bed, looks like very sexy on. Cut to show the side of my breasts, a huge swathe of cleavage, and the Venus dimples above my ass, the suit barely covers anything and is something I would enjoy trotting around in with Jae but not with some man I don't know or, you know, in front of anyone but Jae really. I immediately put on the tiny board shorts and and rashguard to cover myself. The shorts cut all the way up to the tops of my thighs but give my ass far, far more coverage than the bathing suit which leaves the bottom sides of my butt bare.

I don't find a beach towel among the items and assume Lim Tan will provide that so I go back downstairs after brushing my long hair out, braiding it, and pinning it on top of my head.

Lim Tan smiles when he sees me, "Your hair looks like a crown," he laughs and then frowns at me. "Why did you put it like that?"

"You said we were swimming this is the best way to keep it untangled. It'll be impossible to deal with later if I don't manage it now."

"Why make it look like a crown?" He asks with a weird note of suspicion in his voice.

I wrinkle up my forehead, trying to figure out what he's actually asking me. I walk further into the kitchen and use the door of the topmost oven to look at my reflection, "Does it look that way?" I examine the top of my head a little in the glossy black surface, "I guess it does, just wait though, it'll stop looking regal once it's wet."

Lim Tan grunts and hands me a towel. Leading me outside he points to a pair of rubber flip flops which I slip on my feet before following him down to the beach I came from.

When we get there I see that two lounge chairs are now set up with a little table between them and a towel draped over each of them. A large dark blue umbrella keeps the chairs in the shade and two bodyboards sit along the sides of each chair.

The waves are higher now than they were the morning before, there's also more beach than there was so it must be low tide right now. It occurs to me I have no idea what time it is. I shrug it off, does it matter right now?

All I can do is count days then, it hardly matters, right?

I'll set the time by when Lim Tan feeds me.

I'm pretty sure we just ate lunch.

Lim Tan kicks his flip flops off and makes his way down to the water, letting it crash over his toes. He adjusts the rim of his navy blue baseball cap to shade his eyes better maybe, and puts his hands in his pockets. I pick up the pair of women's sunglasses on the little table and slip them on, noting the designer label.