3.

MIKE'S POV

bloody idiots. now instead of the people i'm supposed to meet with coming to hawkins to meet me, i am going to chicago to meet them.

bloody fucking idiots.

my assistant thought it was a great idea to tell me the very last minute and that i have two meetings so i will have to stay overnight.

she somehow got everything booked though and got an idea that she was coming with.

she is not. and instead she is going home.

i'm now scrambling to get my shit packed up for a overnight stay and i rush out to the black SUV where my driver is waiting for me.

as i enter, he gives me a quick nod and watches me get settled before starting the car.

i was supposed to meet the party for lunch tomorrow but now that's fucked and i wouldn't be able to make it.

knowing that this was an hour ride, i put in my airpods and leaned back on the seat as i close my eyes to rest.

i pulled an all-nighter to finish up some work so i didn't get much sleep. now that i know i can't take a goddamn nap but will be instead making my way to chicago, i'll try to rest within this hour.

i hope my assistant knows that she's lucky i only just fired her and not ruin her reputation for other jobs.

and it was like a blink of an eye before my driver announced that i had arrived at my hotel that my ex-assistant booked for me at the top floor.

more specifically a penthouse.

the valet opens the door for me and i exit the car, fix up my suit and my sleeve as he goes to help with my bags.

as i walk up to the entrance and enter, a woman takes his place by helping me with the bags and i head up to the counter.

"i have a room booked. it's under wheeler." i say as a woman smiles at me and nods, "sure thing. here is your card." she hands me my keycard and i nod and smile at her, "thank you." i say and i head towards the elevators.

"i'm sure i can take it from here." i say to the woman that is helping with my bags but she shakes her head, "it's alright, mr wheeler. i can help."

i nod, not saying anything else and i only walk into the elevator once it arrives.

EL'S POV

as i play with the coin on my left palm and take a hit of my cigarette with my other, i watch as atlas, ace and spade torture the man tied down on the wooden table with metal poles holding his arms and legs down.

it's honestly amusing.

because when you abuse you were wife and tie her up like a fucking slave, this is what you get from us.

"burn him." i say, dropping the cigarette onto the ground and heading over to the bar to find myself another drink.

i hear spade cheer happily in excitement and grab the flamer. as i hear it turn on and his taped shut mouth let's out muffled screams, i smirk and watch as the whiskey swirls in my glass cup.

"hey nathan," i call out, "next time you better rethink again before you even consider laying a hand on a fucking woman. but that's if there is a next time." i hold back a chuckle as the burnt smell reaches me.