8.

EL'S POV

i made mike promise not to tell the party about me just yet.

he said he is staying in chicago for a while and that means that i don't need to do anything fun for a while.

now i'm heading towards our bar when i told mike i was heading to watch a movie with kingston instead.

he doesn't need to know about what i do now.

reaching the familiar metal door, i knock out the same pattern as the rectangular hole slides open and blaze comes to view.

he smiles at me, "password?"

"dagger tip." i say as the door opens and he greets me with a hug, "hey,"

"hi." i hug back before i walk upstairs with him following me.

"jesus, what's happening." i breathe out as i look around the room and see spade and ace attacking each other with cuts and blood all over them.

sky walks up to me, "arguing who has better hair." she gives me a quick hug as i smile at her, "that's stupid."

she nods in agreement, "yeah it is but it's amusing. anyways, i got a job, catch you later." she smirks at me then walks downstairs.

"hey, isn't that my outfit?" i ask her as she nods and hums, "it's hot."

"right?" i smile widely as she nods and give me a wave before disappearing downstairs.

i turn back to the two bickering boys, using two fingers to hook them up quickly and so spade floats up into the air, allowing me to throw him onto a chair before doing the same with ace.

with a smile, i walk towards our booth and sit down inside and rests my feet on the table as diamond walks towards me and sits next to me.

"how's life?" he asks me as i scoff, "terrible. you?"

"terrible. what's wrong with you?" he asks.

"well... a guy i know back home has came here and we ran into each other and so he is pretty pissed that i faked my death and ran away." i explain as his as he exhales, "shit..." he drags out as i nod, "mhm,"

"how are you going to fix this?" he asks.

i shrug, "i don't even wanna bother. i'm too tired to and i just don't care."

"who's the guy?"

"a friend. a good friend." i say as he nods, "just tell him everything and then for him to piss off. or you can suggest him to come join us." he smirks as i roll my eyes.

"he would never." i mumble.

"how would you know if you never had asked?" he asks and stands up before walking away.

"so i'll just ask 'hey, want to join a gang that kills and tortures?' seriously diamond?" i ask as he chuckles and pours himself a drink.

shaking my head, i look through my phone and diamond comes back with two drinks.

he sets down a glass in front of me and smiles at me, "come on, drink and forget for now."

i set down my phone and nod weakly, "drink and forget."

it is now the next day, i'm now heading towards some of the shops around chicago since i am really really bored.

mike texted me.

i ignored.

but chicago is not big and so the chances of me running into him is pretty b—