24.

EL'S POV

"you wanted me to see your house?" i question, "that is so stupid." i snort and cover my mouth with my free hand that wasn't holding his hand.

mike looks at me and shakes his head, "this is not my house. this is my parents house, el. i have my own house now." he says with a small chuckle, "i heard my little sister got a bunny. thought you'd liked to see it."

"wait a bunny?" i ask in surprise, "like for real?"

he nods, "yeah. do you still have a thing for bunnies or no?"

"i do! i just haven't seen one in a while after i left." i tell him and sway our arms in front of his car.

he hums and leans in to peck my lips, "well, then i guess today is your lucky day." he murmurs against my lips before pulling me away to the large house.

"and my parents probably would lose their shit seeing you since we were all crying at your funeral." he says as i chuckle, "i can't wait to see holly. how big is she now?"

"she's like 8." he tells me, "and she's quite clingy."

i hum, "like a certain someone."

"i am not—"

"i didn't say you." i cut him off, "and why did you? are you clingy?" i ask as he huffs, "i'm not talking to you. get in." he opens the door for me as i walk in and nod.

"mikey!" holly runs downstairs as we both enter the house and mike shuts the door behind us.

"hi holly," he opens his arms as she goes to hugs his legs and smiles up at him with a giggle, "hi mike!"

"hey," he laughs, "this is el, holly." he points to me.

"hi!" she goes to hug my legs as i gasp at the sudden contact.

mike chuckles, "you'll get used to it, darling." he whispers in my ear as i smile and lean down to pick holly up.

i set her down on my hip, and bounce her a bit, "i like your little pigtails." i twirl her hair as she smiles, "mommy did them."

"where is she?" mike asks.

"kitchen." she whispers as i furrow my eyebrows, "why are we whispering?" i whisper and lean in as mike does so as well, "i don't know."

holly giggles, "mommy is making sandwiches." she says as mike nods, "right then let's go." he grabs one of my hands as my other continues to support holly so she wouldn't fall.

"mama!" he shouts as we get closer to the large kitchen.

"mike, how much richer are you now than i last saw you in high school?" i ask him as he shrugs, "uh, just like a little more. no biggie." he enters the kitchen as i follow him.

once i enter, i set holly back down on the ground and she runs around the kitchen island, disappearing for a few seconds due to her height before she appears into ted's arms.

"el?" karen asks as she drops the food she was making.

"right, do we need to go through everything again or can i just say i didn't die?" i mumble to mike as he nods, "the second, perhaps."