Chapter 15

A/N Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that the writing in bold is the messages. Okay, I hope you enjoy :)

26th April 2020:

Venti awoke with a groan as he heard loud noises coming from the lounge room. Bennett informed him yesterday that Razor was coming over and they were going to play some video games. Venti felt surprised that they could participate in such a fun activity during such a stressful and sad time. Although, it's not like he could judge. He spent most of his nights, besides from the last one, in a bar dancing on tables.

He reached out to his bedside table and felt around until he found his phone, cracking his eyes open as he checked the time.

11:00am

He felt pretty proud of himself since he managed to get up so early. He then looked below the time and saw he had six unread messages from Xiao, he wasted no time in opening them.

Venti, it's Xiao

Venti rolled his eyes. Of course it was Xiao, that's what he put his name as in contacts.

I think that if there is someone we should try to find out information about first, it should be Lumine.

Sure there is a possibility it is Diluc, but lets not take our chances. 

Most police can't do their job for the life of them.

She's agreed to meet me for drinks tomorrow night at a nearby bar, maybe if we try using the same method I used last time to get information, we'll get answers.

You coming?

Venti smirked at his phone, what kind of question is that?

Well I'm not one to pass on going for drinks

The reply came back soon after.

I'm not sure whether I should be disappointed by that or happy since it'll probably make the task at hand easier.

Eh, probably a bit of both

Well at least we know your tolerance is high.

So we're actually going to drink?

 Wow, I never knew solving a murder could be so fun!

Well you yes, me no.

Wdym?

I'm not going to drink if I can help it.

But what's the fun in that?

At least one of us has to be able to process the words she is saying when she is wasted

As I said before, my tolerance is very high!

I don't doubt it.

Then why aren't you drinking? I can get the information

I think it'll be best if I focus on getting the information.

you just focus on getting her drunk. 

Is this morally right?

Definitely not.

Then uhhh

But it's what has to be done. I don't have any other ideas.

Okay... I trust you 

But I'll be upset if this ruins my friendship with Lumine

You're friends with Lumine?

*Developing friendship

Lol okay.

Lol?

It means laugh out loud right?

No I know what it means

You are just the last person I expected using that

Really?

Yeah, you seem way too serious

I'm not serious.

Really?

Well it depends on the situation

Yeah, sure

What's that supposed to mean?

Nothinggg

I've gtg byeee, see you tomorrow

Remember to send me the specific details

Venti quickly switched off his phone with a giggle, a foreign feeling of warmth rising in his chest. He then forced himself out of bed and headed towards the lounge room, deciding to join Bennett and Razor play video games.