Chapter 17

//Three months later //

The last days have been much more than I expected to be; I have what I never thought that I would ever have. //I have love//
I've read more than one thousand books before, nonetheless I still have much more to learn. I've never imagined myself having something like this, something the characters from the stories had. Compassion, love, happiness and most of all joy. These pass few months are most definitely the best months of my entire life. Never in life have I ever been treated with such tender affection and gentleness.
Rahfiel not only pleased me with sex, he gave me whatever my heart desires. Even if it means giving up what he wants, or going against his feelings and putting mine first. He gave me what body else was able to give me.
Every story has a ugly beginning and a pretty good ending....mine isn't much different. I get to experience love, and that' means a lot to me. Unlike every other person I'm more than thank full to have someone that cares for me this much.
He gave me a safe place, he gave me satisfaction and contentment. Growing up I was always told to be the perfect version of myself; but around him I could just be myself.
He did whatever it took to make mi happy, and I did whatever it took to make him happy. It's been three weeks since we moved into our own place. Ive never thought that I'd be living alone one day, the only place I always thought I'd live is at the Mahoney mansion.
I was promised to someone that was older than me, and a person I'd never love the way I love him; it's weird that I'm with is son but what can I say. Is some lights up my world and gives me what nobody else can; and I promise to love him from now until the end of my days. Nothing goofy and clingy but I'd stand beside him everyday without feeling uncomfortable.
Rahfiel was never the type a guy he was now; he never went on dates, he never slept with one person more than once and he's never been in a relationship before.
I wasn't the person I am now then; before now I was a virgin, not interested in guys, never had a boyfriend, never been on a date and never worked.
The things we did with each other are things we're doing for the first time in this life time.
I'm really glad that he's the one I did it all with for the first time because I know I would have regretted doing anything with anyone else because they would be able to give me what he did.
I love him with everything I have; if he hurts me or if I lose him....I'm done.

P.S Märïä
____________________________________

Here we are, at my parents house to celebrate my mom's birthday. She's now forty and as she would say still fine. My mom and dad have been together for twenty years; the started going out the same age I'm going out with Rahfiel, twenty. He was her first and apparently her last; something else I would love to inherit from her. She got pregnant with me on there first date, which was her first time. Pretty much something I don't want to inherit; being that young with a child is not something I want but kids or made by two persons have unprotected sex and we tend to have a lot a that.

My moms friends and family were there, Mrs. Mahoney and the boys were there. Literally everyone she worked with was there, they all can bearing gifts also.

Me and a few of my parents friends were having a little talk about there past, something similar to story time.

"Can I please have a moment with you babe", Rahfiel asked rearing his palm in my shoulder from behind.

"Yeah sure babe, what's up?", I asked in concern.

"I....aahhhh.....I love you more than anything in this world. I'd give everything up for you even my life. Maria Mendez, I can't imagine my life without you. I can't imagine what it would be like not having you to myself. I would most definitely do some crazy things......I need for you to know that I want you in my life forever....not just in this life...but I'm every life there is to come. I'm nothing without you, you bring out the best of me. You made mi want to become a better person, not only for you but towards everyone. Before you I was a stuck up person. I had no relationship with anyone just my dad; and then you came and changed me for the best. You made my life so happy.....and for that I would really give anything to have you be my wife. Maria Melicia Mendez, would you do me the unforgettable honors and be my loyal wedded wife", he uttered getting down on one knee, holding onto my hand.

And here again, Rahfiel had me speechless, the only thing that I could do was allow the tears that settles in my eyes to fall down my cheeks. Nope I never imagined myself really being asked by someone to be  there wife. Not after what I had to do before things completely changed.

"You mean....the absolute world to me.....saying no to you is saying no to my own happiness.....I would definitely die before saying no to you. I love you with every bits and pieces of my heart....there is nothing more important to me than spending the rest of my life with you. Now get up and kiss me before I faint", I said pulling up towards me before slamming my lips against his.

//You have money, you can have materials thing; but true and real love comes once in a life time and a person should do everything to keep that love with them until the end of there days. Not to take disadvantage of but to treasure and keep for the rest of there lives. I have what Elizabeth and Dorcy from Pride and Prejudice have. I have the most powerful weapon that god gave mankind and for that I am overly grateful. Most of all, I will do my best to give him back just as much love that he as given me. You don't always deserve the things you are given, you are just way too lucky; and I can say that I'm more than lucky to have Rahfiel Mahoney as my husband to be.//

I could feel the eyes, I could hear the clapping, I could hear the wine glasses but the most important sound was the one coming from my heart.