Chapter 6 - Reunion?

5. October 2061 14:02

Mikel and Eora trained a lot since Eora is fully finished. In those days Mikel started to train shooting on improvised shooting range, that they made on the other side of forest. Eora got used to her new body and started to remember terrain, where she were with him, like forest, "Hope" and nearest town. This town in reality is very far away - it takes 3 hours to get there by foot, but that is only cluster of well-preserved ruins in this area.

Now Mikel and Eora are eating their dinner.

"So, how your trainings going, Mikel?"

"Good, I'm getting back to my old efficiency."

"Nice to hear that."

Eora said making a smile and handing a meal to Mikel

"We need to hunt for animals, I'm full of those MRE..."

"Then we need to try hunt something in the forest"

"Last time you weren't able to shoot boar, that could be very good to eat." Mikel said with a smirk

"I just don't like to kill animals, ok? It's hard for me to end their life" Eora answered with sad voice

"Don't worry, we still have some food, so right now there isn't any need to hunt them" Mikel tried to improve her mood "But in fact we will run out of supplies to half of November."

"Yes, If we want to survive winter we need more food."

Mikel clasped his hands and said with happy voice

"Well, right now we have our dinner cooling down, so let's dig in, we will think about that later"

"Right"

They wanted to start eating, when Eora suddenly stood up with serious expression on her face. 

"What's going on?" asked Mikel

"I hear two trucks, they are coming here"

"Prepare for battle!"

"Understood"

Mikel grabbed MSBS and handed it to Eora, while taking CZ 750 and Five-Seven for himself. After taking her weapon, Eora put down big armored plate, that they took with them two days ago, when they were in the city and took position behind it. Mikel in other hand stayed behind the wall near doorway, with his rifle aimed at entrance.

After a moment Mikel could hear, that truck in fact is coming in their direction. After 20 seconds both trucks stopped and peoples, that were inside started to leave them with their commander's orders.

"Humans here?" she asked with confused look

"I weren't the only one, that have map of Patriot's outposts, so no wonder why they are here."

"So they are our allies?"

"I'm not sure. If we will have bad luck, they killed one of survivor from "Hope" and now trying to seize resources, that were here. If they aren't looters, then we still can't be safe. Maybe I would be welcome by them, but don't you. In our fortress were a lot of humans, that couldn't stand T-dolls, so even If you aren't normal T-doll, you still would be seen by them like one of those."

Eora's mood got a little bit down after hearing that, so she just tightened her grip on weapon and waited eagerly for their visitors. 

"There can still be опонентів (enemies) in this cave, stay alert"

Mikel heard that woman's voice in "Hope", but this didn't make him feel better. If he is right, behind the wall is one of most brutal woman in Patriot's ranks.